The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Hull Lawns Accommodation - Downs Hall

Hi all,

I've just received my residence contract and i'm confused as to where I'll be staying.

The reserved room is 'DOWNSNF4A'. Any ideas what block this is ? I assume it could be Block A but I'm clueless as to what the 'NF' means?

Any help will be appreciated and If anybody is staying/has stayed at Downs drop a comment!

Cheers!
Original post by Jamito
Hi all,

I've just received my residence contract and i'm confused as to where I'll be staying.

The reserved room is 'DOWNSNF4A'. Any ideas what block this is ? I assume it could be Block A but I'm clueless as to what the 'NF' means?

Any help will be appreciated and If anybody is staying/has stayed at Downs drop a comment!

Cheers!

I believe you will be staying in Downs Hall, North Flat, room 4. I believe there are a couple of flats as part of each Hall which are separate to all the blocks and have fewer people in them. Downs Hall is near the back of the Lawns, which means you have a slightly longer walk to the buses/lawns centre (though still not far) but that also means it's slightly quieter as you don't have the noise as much noise from people going out clubbing.

(I was in Downs Hall 2 years ago though not in a flat, it's awesome)
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Midnight Star
I believe you will be staying in Downs Hall, North Flat, room 4. I believe there are a couple of flats as part of each Hall which are separate to all the blocks and have fewer people in them. Downs Hall is near the back of the Lawns, which means you have a slightly longer walk to the buses/lawns centre (though still not far) but that also means it's slightly quieter as you don't have the noise as much noise from people going out clubbing.

(I was in Downs Hall 2 years ago though not in a flat, it's awesome)

Ah okay that's perfect, thanks for the insight. I guess there being less people has it's pro's and con's.
Original post by Jamito
Ah okay that's perfect, thanks for the insight. I guess there being less people has it's pro's and con's.

You're still in the Lawns, so you'll still be pretty close to everyone else. Assuming you're in your first year, lots of other people on your course will be at the Lawns as well so it'll be easy to go see them, it's just there'll be less people in the same building as you. (Well bit of that building considering all the blocks in a hall touch each other, but they aren't connected inside)
Reply 4
Original post by Midnight Star
You're still in the Lawns, so you'll still be pretty close to everyone else. Assuming you're in your first year, lots of other people on your course will be at the Lawns as well so it'll be easy to go see them, it's just there'll be less people in the same building as you. (Well bit of that building considering all the blocks in a hall touch each other, but they aren't connected inside)

Alright no worries, thanks so much for the advice and insight!

Quick Reply

Latest