The Student Room Group

UCAS points and A-level grades?

I'm looking to apply for a course that asks for 220 UCAS points from 3 a-levels at grade C or above, but I am predicted CCD- 80+80+60= 220. Do I need a C instead of a D for the entry requirements?
Original post by Beej96
I'm looking to apply for a course that asks for 220 UCAS points from 3 a-levels at grade C or above, but I am predicted CCD- 80+80+60= 220. Do I need a C instead of a D for the entry requirements?

You met the entry requirements in terms of ucas points.

However they may want C's in specific subjects?

Send me the link to the course
Reply 2
Original post by Kash24411
You met the entry requirements in terms of ucas points.

However they may want C's in specific subjects?

Send me the link to the course

http://www.arts.ac.uk/fashion/courses/undergraduate/ba-fashion-buying-and-merchandising/
Okay, I'm not sure but I think what they're saying is they'll only count A-levels that are above a C to total 220 (so they're looking for CCC, equalling 240, or AB, equalling 220)

Perhaps you could email them?

My advice is to firstly email them and see if they would consider you, they should because your grades total up to 220 UCAS points which is the minimum for the course.

What i would recommend is exceeding your predicted grades and pushing yourself that little extra to get B's as it would make you a stronger candidate which would come in use when applying as it seems like a highly competitive course.

Quick Reply

Latest