The Student Room Group
Reply 1
amrou
Does a hypothetical 'b' at art gcse matter if u want to go to oxforud uni with a totaly different course and all ur other gcses wer a*/a

plus which subjects do oxford respect

No.

What do you mean by respect?
such as which do they see as a hard subjects or subjects which are u know academically good. The reason i asked that is because i opted for art at gcse rather than classics but i enjoy art more (i think although classics is intreguing) have i made the right choice
Reply 3
amrou
such as which do they see as a hard subjects or subjects which are u know academically good. The reason i asked that is because i opted for art at gcse rather than classics but i enjoy art more (i think although classics is intreguing) have i made the right choice

Your A-Levels are more important than your GCSEs. If you have lots of As and stars then you're sorted.
Reply 4
amrou

They won't care what GCSEs you did, as long as you've got a broad range, and your school probably limited your options to ensure you have this. A levels are more important, you've got to meet pre-requisites of the course, and then your best bet is to go for the more traditional academic subjects, e.g. maths, sciences, languages, though this may be totally irrelevant if you wanted to do, say, music. There are no 'right' or 'wrong' subjects to choose.
Reply 5
Amrou, will you finally stop worrying about this!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been talking about nothing else for the past month - get over with it, make a decision and stick to it! Really, what will help you get into Oxford is (in many, many years' time!) is maturity - and your constant insecurity (while it is understandable at your age) will be of no help to you whatsoever!!!!
Fine illdo art as i love it, but will work hard, get a tutor and get an A and kick ass!
Reply 7
amrou
Fine illdo art as i love it, but will work hard, get a tutor and get an A and kick ass!

That's the spirit!
amrou
Does a hypothetical 'b' at art gcse matter if u want to go to oxforud uni with a totaly different course and all ur other gcses wer a*/a

plus which subjects do oxford respect

Tbh I wouldn't count to much on getting your b or your a*/a. You have no idea what you'll get and what will go wrong.

How can you be so sure of your grades?
Reply 9
shiny
That's the spirit!

Exactly!
Reply 10
is this guy back again? I have heard the word art so many times i might as well have took it for my gcse options...LOL take art and KIKASS!!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending