Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does a hypothetical 'b' at art gcse matter if u want to go to oxforud uni with a totaly different course and all ur other gcses wer a*/a

plus which subjects do oxford respect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Does a hypothetical 'b' at art gcse matter if u want to go to oxforud uni with a totaly different course and all ur other gcses wer a*/a

No.

What do you mean by respect?

ReputationRep:
    such as which do they see as a hard subjects or subjects which are u know academically good. The reason i asked that is because i opted for art at gcse rather than classics but i enjoy art more (i think although classics is intreguing) have i made the right choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    such as which do they see as a hard subjects or subjects which are u know academically good. The reason i asked that is because i opted for art at gcse rather than classics but i enjoy art more (i think although classics is intreguing) have i made the right choice
    Your A-Levels are more important than your GCSEs. If you have lots of As and stars then you're sorted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    They won't care what GCSEs you did, as long as you've got a broad range, and your school probably limited your options to ensure you have this. A levels are more important, you've got to meet pre-requisites of the course, and then your best bet is to go for the more traditional academic subjects, e.g. maths, sciences, languages, though this may be totally irrelevant if you wanted to do, say, music. There are no 'right' or 'wrong' subjects to choose.

ReputationRep:
    Amrou, will you finally stop worrying about this!!!!!!!!!!!!! You've been talking about nothing else for the past month - get over with it, make a decision and stick to it! Really, what will help you get into Oxford is (in many, many years' time!) is maturity - and your constant insecurity (while it is understandable at your age) will be of no help to you whatsoever!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Fine illdo art as i love it, but will work hard, get a tutor and get an A and kick ass!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)
    Fine illdo art as i love it, but will work hard, get a tutor and get an A and kick ass!
    That's the spirit!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amrou)

Tbh I wouldn't count to much on getting your b or your a*/a. You have no idea what you'll get and what will go wrong.

How can you be so sure of your grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiny)
    That's the spirit!
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    is this guy back again? I have heard the word art so many times i might as well have took it for my gcse options...LOL take art and KIKASS!!!

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.