The Student Room Group

Prospective law student seeking advice

Hey hey hey people, I will start studying law in about a week and finding it really daunting so was just wondering if any one currently studying law at university has any advice for me? This can be in terms of how to approach the course, revising, organisation anything really that you think will help. Also which pieces of stationery would you recommend I get? Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by Bouge de la
Hey hey hey people, I will start studying law in about a week and finding it really daunting so was just wondering if any one currently studying law at university has any advice for me? This can be in terms of how to approach the course, revising, organisation anything really that you think will help. Also which pieces of stationery would you recommend I get? Thanks!

As far as advice goes, the old advice seems to be the most relevant: work hard, read through notes/text books/articles thoroughly and revise early. Law is challenging, but if you put the time in, you get the results :smile:. Find out how you learn best and do it early so you're prepared for revision, make good quality notes and prepare well for tutorials (and contribute in them). As for stationery, pens, paper and a printer, perhaps a highlighter if you prefer that to underlining :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by fursey
As far as advice goes, the old advice seems to be the most relevant: work hard, read through notes/text books/articles thoroughly and revise early. Law is challenging, but if you put the time in, you get the results :smile:. Find out how you learn best and do it early so you're prepared for revision, make good quality notes and prepare well for tutorials (and contribute in them). As for stationery, pens, paper and a printer, perhaps a highlighter if you prefer that to underlining :smile:.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Great! Thank you so much, you've helped put my mind at ease a bit. would you suggest getting 5 notebooks, one notebook for each type of law for first year Contract Law, Criminal Law???:confused:
Reply 3
Original post by Bouge de la
Great! Thank you so much, you've helped put my mind at ease a bit. would you suggest getting 5 notebooks, one notebook for each type of law for first year Contract Law, Criminal Law???:confused:

I used separate notebooks, just keeps things organised then, you don't want to be looking for your contract notes for the next tutorial in amongst everything else :P. I actually found typing notes easier for lectures as you go through it so quickly sometimes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending