Physics students : need to learn basic physics

Watch
Gareth019
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I will be enrolling on an engineering degree (mechanical engineering), but I didn't do A level physics, so I was requesting if anyone here could guide me to any books/resources to brush up my basic physics so I am in line with all the other students.

Cheers
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Gareth019)
I will be enrolling on an engineering degree (mechanical engineering), but I didn't do A level physics, so I was requesting if anyone here could guide me to any books/resources to brush up my basic physics so I am in line with all the other students.

Cheers
mate first year of engineering is all about getting everyone to the same level, you will taught what you need to know.
Gareth019
Rep:
?
(Original post by a10)
mate first year of engineering is all about getting everyone to the same level, you will taught what you need to know.
But I would think that most would have better knowledge of Physics than me, so I wanted to learn, so I wouldn't be behind the game. What physics books would you recommend?

Cheers
a10
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
But I would think that most would have better knowledge of Physics than me.
you'll be fine dw, trust me

just save the hardwork for the start of term!
Gareth019
Rep:
?
(Original post by a10)
you'll be fine dw, trust me

just save the hardwork for the start of term!
But can you recommend me any physics books that cover basics?

Thanks
furryface12
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Cheers
You could always get the AS revision guide or something? One AS and one A2 unit is mechanics-based, for OCR A anyway, which I guess are the bits you'll mostly be wanting. Or google G481 and G484 revision notes and read through them as they're those two units- there's also G482 and G485 but they're much bigger and I'd imagine less relevant.
Gareth019
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
You could always get the AS revision guide or something? One AS and one A2 unit is mechanics-based, for OCR A anyway, which I guess are the bits you'll mostly be wanting. Or google G481 and G484 revision notes and read through them as they're those two units- there's also G482 and G485 but they're much bigger and I'd imagine less relevant.
So would you say that OCR G481 and G484 would help me brush up on my relevant physics knowledge?

Cheers
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So would you say that OCR G481 and G484 would help me brush up on my relevant physics knowledge?

Cheers
Yep, think so! There might be bits from the other units but that'll be most of it
Gareth019
Rep:
?
(Original post by furryface12)
Yep, think so! There might be bits from the other units but that'll be most of it
Cheers mate
furryface12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Cheers mate
No problem!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (46)
17.36%
No one else does (83)
31.32%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.57%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (90)
33.96%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.89%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.64%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.26%

Watched Threads