The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Cider in Canterbury?!?!

So, as someone who has lived in North Somerset all their life, I kinda need a plentiful supply of cider while i'm at uni! Don't suppose anyone knows what Canterbury' is like for cider? Not just the not-so-great Strongbow, but at least for Bulmers or any other brands?! Or do I need to bring a supply of Thatchers with me from home? I know if you go up North its all beer and lager :/
Cheers guys!
Original post by hjose
So, as someone who has lived in North Somerset all their life, I kinda need a plentiful supply of cider while i'm at uni! Don't suppose anyone knows what Canterbury' is like for cider? Not just the not-so-great Strongbow, but at least for Bulmers or any other brands?! Or do I need to bring a supply of Thatchers with me from home? I know if you go up North its all beer and lager :/
Cheers guys!

The mainstream pubs (Spoons) have your typical Strongbows and that but you do come across plenty of places that sell dry cider (assuming you're steering clear of sweet ones like Kopparberg and Rekordlig). The places that stand out the most are The Lady Luck which has (or least used to) Old Rosie on tap at a cheap price. If you're feeling daring then the Cherry Tree sell Biddenden's, which isn't great but will get you smashed :wink: Both these are on the high street.

A lot of the smaller pubs - there are more pubs than I could've ever hoped to have visit - will have some interesting ciders on tap. Not quite as much as the West Country, but cider-brewing is a fairly big business down in East Kent so there are plenty of smaller breweries and farmers that will sell to some of these smaller pubs, it's worth keeping an eye out.

For branded stuff like Bulmers and Magners, you won't have any problem at all. You'll find them in the supermarkets, Bulmers in the campus shop and Magners is sold in the Venue and other campus bars :yy:
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending