The Student Room Group

Is revising now a good thing?

I am currently revising for my 2015 GCSE'S, is this a good thing? Am I starting too early? I want to get B's or above in most subjects.
Reply 1
Way too early. You won't have learnt lots of the content and you'll probably forget half the stuff you do revise.

I started revising 6 weeks before and came out with good grades :smile:
Original post by Mansfield99
I am currently revising for my 2015 GCSE'S, is this a good thing? Am I starting too early? I want to get B's or above in most subjects.

Lol. You have nothing to revise, you are like 2 days into school :tongue:
What you could more than certainly do to get those a/a* grades is to print out the exam specification for each subject and make pre-reading notes - make notes on each specification point even before your teacher teaches you so you have a head-start in class and can absolute bomb through lessons with ease. It will be good practice for a levels.
Reply 3
What grades do you normally get?? In order to get good grades (B-A*), I think attitude and habit would be essential. For examples, you ought to be prepared and fully understand the stuffs you learn.

You mentioned you want to prepare for 2015 GCSE is that meant you are Year 9/10 at the moment?? Try not to worry too much about it, I'm sure you will get good grades if you revise enough and understand the stuff that u learn.

I've got some horrible results when I was in year 9/10 but I worked harder. Finally I've got 9 subjects which are B-A* therefore you don't have to worry too much and you will be fine surely:smile: Take your time and spend it sensibly. Gd luck!! <3
This is very early to be starting revision, instead of revising the whole syllabus just yet, simply review the notes you made in class at the end of each day. That way, if any tests come up, you won't panic about them. I got 4A* and 5A's at GCSE and I didn't review any class notes, but if you want to do really well, then that is what you should be doing.

You want to start serious revision perhaps middle of March or a little bit earlier. But don't do too much, gradually build it up. My two top tips are to do practice exam papers and LOOK AT THE EXAMINERS REPORT.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
Original post by Mansfield99

Forget what others think. Revision now is the best decision you will ever make! If you want As or A*s then you need to get your head down. When everyone else is dying from revision closer to the exam series you'll be sitting back taking no stress.
Success is al about preparation. To succeed you need to dedicate yourself to being better every single day.
It doesn't matter if you haven't covered the specifications in class - self teach yourself. Never rely on teachers.:cool:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending