On the road to self-miscovery

Watch
Jordooooom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
So just joined a gym last week and mostly doing it for some of that hypertrophy. Too slim just now so wan't to pack on some weight while still remaining pretty lean.

Starting stats: as of last week so 1/09/2014

Height: 5'9
Weight: 67 kg last time I checked but I've probably gained weight since then.

Doing a 3 day split, 4 sets of 10 reps.

Today was chest and bicep day. I did...

Flat dumbbell press - 14kg 4 x 10
Incline Press - 12kg 4 x 10
Flat dumbbell flies - 9kg 4 x 10
Fly machine - 30kg for the first 2 sets then 25kg for the last two.

Z? Bar curls 10kg x 4
Incline dumbbell bicep curl 8kg 3 x 10 and did 8 reps on the last one.

Any body got tips on how to eat more? I get full pretty quickly.
Scoobiedoobiedo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How come you've chosen not to do a proper program?

Liquid calories. Milk + whey, oats, peanut butter etc.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo)
How come you've chosen not to do a proper program?
That's just the one I got given when I did the induction...

Will probably look for a proper one in a month or so when I'm more familiar with the gym?
zKlown
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
That's just the one I got given when I did the induction...

Will probably look for a proper one in a month or so when I'm more familiar with the gym?
Good luck, always nice to see trying to make a positive lifestyle change.

Not sure if a body split is the way forward at this stage, but I'm in no position to question this, if you see results, keep at it.
0range
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Creatine, Creatine and more Creatine!
miser
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey, welcome to the gain train. :yy:

You're a similar weight to me and I'm trying to bulk up a bit too. The best tips I've found so far are to eat regularly throughout the day and eat calorie dense foods. On a typical day I'll eat a bowl of granola (great for calories) before I leave the house, then eat 2nd and 3rd breakfast at work. I'll eat a large varied lunch for about 1000kcal, then a snack such as a fruit and nut bar in the afternoon, and when I get home a 800ml whole milk protein shake before dinner.

If I start missing meals then it becomes very difficult in the evening to make up for everything I've missed - as well as not feeling as motivated as I do earlier in the day.

Nutrition is the hardest aspect for me and I'm still trying to find ways to do it cheaply and conveniently. It can be hard going if you're not used to eating much, but just keep eating things regularly and it will all add up.

Best of luck with your programme. If you do decide to do something more full-body then a few of us on TSR do ICF 5x5 which is working for me.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
(Original post by 0range)
Creatine, Creatine and more Creatine!
Does it really make such a difference?

(Original post by miser)
Hey, welcome to the gain train. :yy:

You're a similar weight to me and I'm trying to bulk up a bit too. The best tips I've found so far are to eat regularly throughout the day and eat calorie dense foods. On a typical day I'll eat a bowl of granola (great for calories) before I leave the house, then eat 2nd and 3rd breakfast at work. I'll eat a large varied lunch for about 1000kcal, then a snack such as a fruit and nut bar in the afternoon, and when I get home a 800ml whole milk protein shake before dinner.

If I start missing meals then it becomes very difficult in the evening to make up for everything I've missed - as well as not feeling as motivated as I do earlier in the day.

Nutrition is the hardest aspect for me and I'm still trying to find ways to do it cheaply and conveniently. It can be hard going if you're not used to eating much, but just keep eating things regularly and it will all add up.

Best of luck with your programme. If you do decide to do something more full-body then a few of us on TSR do ICF 5x5 which is working for me.
Cool! I'll be checking your blog then. The nutrition is the hard part for me too. It's not helped by my terrible sleep pattern either as I wake up around lunch time so have missed 2 meal's worth of time. Hopefully Uni will sort it out again.

And thanks, I like the look of the ICF 5X5 might switch to that after a few weeks.
Jordooooom
Rep:
?
My diet has went to complete **** over the weekend due to going out. Going to pre-plan my meals more from now on. Going to go buy a blender too and start making some home made shakes. If anyone has any good recipe's that would be appreciated.

Anyway, did legs and shoulders the other day.

Leg extensions - 25/25/25/20
Leg press - 120 x 4

Shoulder press (machine) - 35/35/30/25
Lat Raises - 8kg x 4
Front Raise with plate - 10kg x 4
Shrugs (always do involuntary stupid faces doing these) 20kg x 3

Would like to involve calf raises in my workout but it doesn't appear like my gym has something for that :confused: at least not in the leg area.
0range
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jordooooom)
Does it really make such a difference?

Honestly give it a go, your lifts will go up.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads