The Student Room Group

can guys and girls be just friends?

I was wondering as all of my friends that I have currently are guys and I would like to be friends with people with the opposite sex? Is it possible.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
inb4 Maybe
Why wouldn't it be?
Yes of course. People aren't attracted to everyone so it is as easy to be friends with a member of the opposite sex who you don't fancy as it is to be friends with a member of the same sex (if you are straight).
Reply 4
Nope, not possible.
No no no no no
Of course! I've got several guy friends who are just that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtGoblin
Yes of course. People aren't attracted to everyone so it is as easy to be friends with a member of the opposite sex who you don't fancy as it is to be friends with a member of the same sex (if you are straight).

One of both parties will most likely develeop feelings for the other if you get close. And once you start to like someones personality, you'll start to feel attracted to them lol
Original post by Changing Skies
Of course! I've got several guy friends who are just that :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How do you know they view you the same way?
Yes
Original post by Secretnerd123
How do you know they view you the same way?

Because I just know, honestly :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Secretnerd123
One of both parties will most likely develeop feelings for the other if you get close. And once you start to like someones personality, you'll start to feel attracted to them lol

Nah, there's certain personalities that I like on a friend but would never want to be in a relationship with. Can bisexual people never have friends because they'll end up fancying them all? There have been occasions where this has happened to my friendships but it's a very small proportion.
Yes
Yes!! It's really quite frustrating though when people always assume you two are in a relationship!
Reply 14
Of course it is possible :rolleyes:

You're not going to be attracted to every girl you're friends with.

Maybe it differs from person to person though, for example, depending on how often you fall for people.
Original post by corax
Of course it is possible :rolleyes:

You're not going to be attracted to every girl you're friends with.

Maybe it differs from person to person though, for example, depending on how often you fall for people.

I fall in love easily haha
Sure.My bf is a guy.Although he's gay, you're not specifically talking about straight guys are you?

Generally i find guys easy to get on well with.Girls are tend to be more judging.
Yes I've got lots of friends who are male, I don't see our friendships any different to my female friends.
Original post by geneticist
Sure.My bf is a guy.Although he's gay, you're not specifically talking about straight guys are you?

Generally i find guys easy to get on well with.Girls are tend to be more judging.

I am a straight guy. Does that make any difference
Original post by toonervoustotalk
I was wondering as all of my friends that I have currently are guys and I would like to be friends with people with the opposite sex? Is it possible.

yeah of course it is duh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending