The Student Room Group

Reapplying in gap year

I've just finished my A levels am taking a gap year for health reasons, so am about to reapply to UCAS. My results were ABC (with extenuating circumstances if that makes any difference...) but I intend to retake a couple of modules to make it AAB or possibly even AAA, so what sort of grade range unis do I apply to? Last year I was predicted ABB so applied to one university asking for BBB, two wanting ABB and two AAA-ABB universities. I got offers from all five- would universities with similar entry requirements be good to apply to again this time? I'm not sure if they'll look at the ABC I already have or the AAB I'll probably be predicted, or a combination of both :redface:

The other thing, I will change my personal statement a bit to include my gap year plans and add a few things in from the last nine months or so, but other than this am I alright to submit the same one again?

Sorry if that makes no sense, I will try and reword it a bit if I come up with a better way of putting what I'm trying to say! I would appreciate any help people can give though :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
You can submit the same personal statement twice, I've done this before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymitylove_
You can submit the same personal statement twice, I've done this before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! Thought that bit would be fine but it's helpful to have the confirmation :smile:
I hate doing this, but anyone else that can help with the first bit please? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
I've just finished my A levels am taking a gap year for health reasons, so am about to reapply to UCAS. My results were ABC (with extenuating circumstances if that makes any difference...) but I intend to retake a couple of modules to make it AAB or possibly even AAA, so what sort of grade range unis do I apply to? Last year I was predicted ABB so applied to one university asking for BBB, two wanting ABB and two AAA-ABB universities. I got offers from all five- would universities with similar entry requirements be good to apply to again this time? I'm not sure if they'll look at the ABC I already have or the AAB I'll probably be predicted, or a combination of both :redface:

The other thing, I will change my personal statement a bit to include my gap year plans and add a few things in from the last nine months or so, but other than this am I alright to submit the same one again?

Sorry if that makes no sense, I will try and reword it a bit if I come up with a better way of putting what I'm trying to say! I would appreciate any help people can give though :smile:

Yeah you can submit one again, I've taken a gap year before. Doesn't matter about the uni, all unis have different grade requirements based on what course you're applying to. I have heard that if you mention you're doing another A level or modules, then the university will expect you to meet the requirements of those exams. Although the good part about applying in gap year is half the time the university will give you an unconditional offer early on if you meet the criteria.
Original post by Hitashami
Yeah you can submit one again, I've taken a gap year before. Doesn't matter about the uni, all unis have different grade requirements based on what course you're applying to. I have heard that if you mention you're doing another A level or modules, then the university will expect you to meet the requirements of those exams. Although the good part about applying in gap year is half the time the university will give you an unconditional offer early on if you meet the criteria.

Thank you! What did you mean by the requirements of the modules thing though? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by furryface12
Thank you! What did you mean by the requirements of the modules thing though? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You know, I thought you said you might resit some exams to up your grade, those modules.
Original post by Hitashami
You know, I thought you said you might resit some exams to up your grade, those modules.

Sorry, I misunderstood- that makes sense and should be doable, thank you! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Try to apply for one or two that ought to give you an unconditional offer (e.g. those requiring points equal to ABC, or possibly unis asking for BBB) then a range of ones which may give you a conditional. Good luck!
Original post by knope
Try to apply for one or two that ought to give you an unconditional offer (e.g. those requiring points equal to ABC, or possibly unis asking for BBB) then a range of ones which may give you a conditional. Good luck!

I will thanks, then hopefully I can have an unconditional as my insurance :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending