Hey guys im struggling to pick which I.T course to do... Watch

Ineedhelpman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hey guys yh sorry for posting alot of threads, I've decided to do an I.T apprenticeship, but i don't know what to do. My bro is doing I.T engineer or software engineer and fixing computers etc...

I need to know one that can give me a good job in the future and has employment. So what are your thoughts ?

I have a C in Enlgish and Business. I have Pass or merit in I.T and Merit in construction.
I got a D in Maths maybe i can ask for a resit
Waka Flocka
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Ineedhelpman)
Hey guys yh sorry for posting alot of threads, I've decided to do an I.T apprenticeship, but i don't know what to do. My bro is doing I.T engineer or software engineer and fixing computers etc...

I need to know one that can give me a good job in the future and has employment. So what are your thoughts ?

I have a C in Enlgish and Business. I have Pass or merit in I.T and Merit in construction.
I'd look towards software tbh..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Waka Flocka)
I'd look towards software tbh..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey what do you mean software? like software programming or...
Can you be more specific?
Maybe ur saying software programming or something...
Waka Flocka
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey what do you mean software? like software programming or...
Can you be more specific?
Maybe ur saying software programming or something...
yeah programing.. like java etc then go to uni and do computer science. If you dont want to go to uni though then do a IT practitioner course (fixing computers) and then possibly get a few industry certificates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Binary Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Hmm, might be worth discussing an apprenticeship with Firebrand, they're a very good provider, with good links.

I'd go with whichever best suits your interests, and go for something specific. Try and avoid that help desk jazz (You'll find yourself reading from a script, giving the same damn answer to everyone that calls), "Have you tried disabling the firewall, or uninstalling the product". Go for something such as IT Engineering (Software, Networking).
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
I'm not much into computer science, even though I don't know what it's about. I don't really wan't to go to University, unless its really necessary so i can get a job. I wan't a apprenticeship that i can get into, with the grades I have. I ain't that good at Science i got a MERIT in BTEC Science. Also a C in English and Business. My brother is doing IT Engineering. I don't know if network engineering is hard. I need something that can like say guarantee me a job in the future. Or has good employment. I don't wanna do the apprenticeship and then sit at home
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago

Best employment is below

yeah programing.. like java etc then go to uni and do computer science. If you dont want to go to uni though then do a IT practitioner course (fixing computers) and then possibly get a few industry certificates.

Posted from TSR Mobile
However, for computer science you need an A in maths

I'm not much into computer science, even though I don't know what it's about. I don't really wan't to go to University, unless its really necessary so i can get a job. I wan't a apprenticeship that i can get into, with the grades I have. I ain't that good at Science i got a MERIT in BTEC Science. Also a C in English and Business. My brother is doing IT Engineering. I don't know if network engineering is hard. I need something that can like say guarantee me a job in the future. Or has good employment. I don't wanna do the apprenticeship and then sit at home
Computer science is basically programming etc. It's quite fun
Waka Flocka
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
So what exact area of IT do you want to work in..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
Anything that can get me a job in the future. Maybe programming or a network engineer or something thats good and i can get a job. I don't think ill be going uni...
Binary Freak
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Network Engineering is easy.

Regarding the Programming/Software Engineering it is fun, and has a high wage, but it is also incredibly competitive. Most apprenticeships will lead to a permanent role, provided you're good.
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
Hmm, so i should do software engineering? what do you mean by incredibly competitive, like lots others will be doing it and they will be good aswell...
Waka Flocka
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hmm, so i should do software engineering? what do you mean by incredibly competitive, like lots others will be doing it and they will be good aswell...
is English your first language?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yep
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
(Original post by Andy98)
Best employment is below

Computer science is basically programming etc. It's quite fun
i can't get an A in maths. i got a D maybe if i resit hopefully get a C
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why do you ask if English is? i know another language aswell.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
i can't get an A in maths. i got a D maybe if i resit hopefully get a C
If they get the right tutoring anyone can get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ineedhelpman
Rep:
?
hmm true, well I have an interview in a college in 2 days for an I.T apprenticeship and so does my bro.
Juichiro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
1. No one is going to guarantee you a job unconditionally. Perhaps, if you are hard working and one of the best in your class they might. But no one is going to hand a job to you without seeing how you perform.

2. "Good" is an ambiguous word. Surely, anything that has no zero employability can be argued to be "good".
Juichiro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Best employment is below

Computer science is basically programming
etc. It's quite fun
The bolded bit is false.
Juichiro
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If they get the right tutoring anyone can get an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
You have the Internet, no need of tutors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (61)
14.95%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (41)
10.05%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (78)
19.12%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (59)
14.46%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (44)
10.78%
How can I be the best version of myself? (125)
30.64%

Watched Threads