The Student Room Group
Reply 1
No, i haven't. I think i've had a virus recently but it seems ok now.. ?
Reply 2
Was it an error message? What do you mean by text? It could be one of them netsend messages. The easist way to get rid of them is by using a firewall.
Reply 3
unistudnet
Was it an error message? What do you mean by text? It could be one of them netsend messages. The easist way to get rid of them is by using a firewall.

I have 2 firewalls, and unpleasent things were being typed as i was typing replies... :frown:
Reply 4
unistudnet

I think i have resolved it...Searched for the certain process and ended it..it's not happening anymore... :smile:
zazy
I think i have resolved it...Searched for the certain process and ended it..it's not happening anymore... :smile:

Its likely that this certain process will restart when you reboot your computer, meaning it is a trojan. Get a virus scanner and get rid of it..
Reply 6
serious stuff
Its likely that this certain process will restart when you reboot your computer, meaning it is a trojan. Get a virus scanner and get rid of it..

OMg,just went through the firewall..it was serious attack... :eek:
Reply 7
Yeah you've probably downloaded some dodgy file of an email some where. Firewalls are never 100% fool proof either, the best sure way to be safe is to use a router.
Reply 8
zazy
OMg,just went through the firewall..it was serious attack... :eek:

It seems your firewalls are not doing their jobs
Reply 9
wiwarin_mir
It seems your firewalls are not doing their jobs

Have to give them the boot.... :biggrin:

unistudent
Yeah you've probably downloaded some dodgy file of an email some where. Firewalls are never 100% fool proof either, the best sure way to be safe is to use a router.

No...I've only downloaded microsoft updates...it always happens after a microsoft update..quite worrying..
Reply 10
I have been hacked into from this site, I informed the mods, and action was taken, as i had proof. Is it only happening on this site? or on others? with me it was only UKL. but I would advise a virus check, and check to see if any malicious files have been planted, particularly in shared folders, i.e. shared documents, if you use kazaa. also any folders with the world download, or upload.:rolleyes:
Reply 11
shazza
I have been hacked into from this site, I informed the mods, and action was taken, as i had proof. Is it only happening on this site? or on others? with me it was only UKL. but I would advise a virus check, and check to see if any malicious files have been planted, particularly in shared folders, i.e. shared documents, if you use kazaa. also any folders with the world download, or upload.:rolleyes:

It actually happened as soon as i logged in but i wouldn't blame UKL unless i'm 100% certain..my Suspicion goes to microsoft....
shazza

If they use kazaa, i would reccommend stopping, as you get as many viruses as you can wave a stick at when downloading.

Latest

Trending

Trending