Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    last season no1 ever ever put any pressure on schumacher 4 da worldchampion title .... this year it would b the same
    The championship went down to the last race! Raikonnen challenged Schumacher all the way last season!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theaman)
    Raikonnen challenged Schumacher all the way last season!
    yeah sorry about the comment coz it was wrong lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious stuff)
    Button is herendously overrated. Where has he been before this year? Answer: Nowhere. Lets not forget in 70 grand prix starts he has only got 3 podiums. Michael Schumacher was won 74 grand prixs.....they arent on the same bloody planet.

Button will not be world champion in Formula 1, ever, there are so many much more talented drivers in the field who will get there before him..
    I think that you're looking too much into the start. Just look at his races this season. 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd. That's a pretty good start. How would Schumie do if he was in the BAR team against the ferraris?

ReputationRep:
    I'm talking about qualifying as well, and taking into account, the pace of the BAR, compared with the Ferraris, and finishing around 25 seconds behind isn't a bad race.

Raikonnen hardly won any races last season, and still challenged Schumacher for the title. Button will need to win races, but with the points system changing in other drivers' favour, he could still be challenging, providing he nets podium finishes in almost every race!
    This is true, but qualifying? Button finished 0.3s ahead of schumacher, but schumacher had 4 laps more fuel than button when it came to the race...

And what you said about the points thing is right, but schumacher already has 4 wins, I dont think itll happen again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I think that you're looking too much into the start. Just look at his races this season. 5th, 3rd, 3rd, 2nd. That's a pretty good start. How would Schumie do if he was in the BAR team against the ferraris?
    Alot better? How long have you lot been watching F1? It seems to me that Button gets on pole - the media ejaculate, and everyone watches F1 for the first time ever and now try to form opinions of the drivers/teams from 1 race...which you simply cant do accurately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Danithestudent)
    Safety Cars are gay
    Safety cars are good, they bunch up the pack and make the race more interesting. Silverstone last year was arguably the best race in years and that was due to about 3 safety cars.

Montoya is not over-rated in my opinion, he's in-consistent, but you have to admire him for the moves that he pulls on the race track. I haven't seen any other drivers try what he does; and that's a bad thing.

ReputationRep:
    Alot better? How long have you lot been watching F1? It seems to me that Button gets on pole - the media ejaculate, and everyone watches F1 for the first time ever and now try to form opinions of the drivers/teams from 1 race...which you simply cant do accurately.
    Actually, their opinions would be made from the last few races. I've been watching F1 for the last few years (my first F1 was when Villeneuve won the championship). I agree that at firstm, people got over-excited about him after his 1st season, and he messed up. Now he's been gradually been getting better and he is getting a lot better now. So, maybe Button might not be a major title challenger yet, but he's doing better thansome of the other so-called championship contenders. He has improved a lot. Only time will tell how much. Schumie is still by far the best, but I'd actually like to see a partnership of Schumie and Button (or Montoya)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Actually, opinions made from the last few races. So, maybe Button might not be a major title challenger yet, but he's doing better thansome of the other so-called championship contenders. He has improved a lot. Only time will tell how much. Schumie is still by far the best, but I'd actually like to see a partnership of Schumie and Button (or Montoya)
    Montoya has made a distinct error of judgement choosing Mclaren next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Actually, opinions made from the last few races. So, maybe Button might not be a major title challenger yet, but he's doing better thansome of the other so-called championship contenders. He has improved a lot. Only time will tell how much. Schumie is still by far the best, but I'd actually like to see a partnership of Schumie and Button (or Montoya)
    Schumacher and Button would be a good combination, but Button has become a number onw driver in his team, and is unlikely to play second fiddle to Schumacher, and the same applies to Montoya, who will be on equal footing, if not ahead of Raikonnen at Mclaren next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    Montoya has made a distinct error of judgement choosing Mclaren next season.
    I don't think he has, Mclaren will turn themselves around - they have the funding and expertise. Once they get rid of DC they should be much better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I don't think he has, Mclaren will turn themselves around - they have the funding and expertise. Once they get rid of DC they should be much better.
    I think Coulthard may make a return to Williams, and may well be the number one driver again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I sincerely hope so because I want to see Montoya show his true potential and give Michael a run for his money.

ReputationRep:
    I think Coulthard may make a return to Williams, and may well be the number one driver again.
    He should be retiring and moving to a country house somewhere not driving round tracks at a speed equal to that of a sloth.

ReputationRep:
    Actually, opinions made from the last few races
    Whoops, sorry guys, misunderstood part of the previous post. I have been watching F1 for the last few years (see previous of my posts), so I'm not a complete novice.

ReputationRep:
    I think Mclaren didn't realise how far behind the contendors they really were last season which has resulted in troubled times for them now. They only did well last season because raikkonen drove brilliantly all season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Daveo)
    He should be retiring and moving to a country house somewhere not driving round tracks at a speed equal to that of a sloth.
    That's brilliant, DC does not deserve a seat at Williams let alone minardi. He is past it and should hang up his gloves.

ReputationRep:
    Schumacher and Button would be a good combination, but Button has become a number onw driver in his team, and is unlikely to play second fiddle to Schumacher, and the same applies to Montoya, who will be on equal footing, if not ahead of Raikonnen at Mclaren next season.
    Schumie seems to have grown a lot more respect for what button and BAR have achieved this year.

ReputationRep:
    This is so inaccurate its untrue. In the old days when Eddie Irvine was driving with ferrari he was the designated number 2 driver, meaning that it was his duty to pull over if he was infront of schumacher. Barrichello has equal status in the team(although in reality this isnt quite the case) although both schumacher AND barrichello must obey team orders. So, for example, its perfectly feasable that Michael would be asked to pull over for Barrichello - and indeed this has happened (Indy last year) - the other times that Barrichello has pulled over for michael - has again been a team decision. In austria a couple of years back barrichello pulled over for michael - michael was furious as he didnt see the need in it(the championship wasnt particularly close).

And to top it all off, team orders are now banned, so if barrichello was to obviously pull over for michael - ferrari and their drivers would lose all points gained from that race. Both contructors points and drivers points.
    Apologies... I thought the sarcasm was plain to see for most people.

ReputationRep:
    Button will not be world champion in Formula 1, ever, there are so many much more talented drivers in the field who will get there before him..
    Personally mate, as we are all entitled to our opinions, I think you are talking rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Personally mate, as we are all entitled to our opinions, I think you are talking rubbish.
    Agreed. Button will hopefully continue to flourish along with the BAR team who are only half way through their 5 year plan.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.