The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
serious stuff
This is true, but qualifying? Button finished 0.3s ahead of schumacher, but schumacher had 4 laps more fuel than button when it came to the race...

And what you said about the points thing is right, but schumacher already has 4 wins, I dont think itll happen again.

What's your point? For qualifying, it's estimated that for every 1 lap more of fuel you are carrying your pace drops by 0.1 seconds.

So, lets say with equal fuel Schumi, in a car that is far better than the BAR, would have qualified 0.1 seconds ahead of Button. Wow, impressive...
Reply 61
As long as Schumacher doesn't have a quality teammate to challenge him I don't think anyone else will win the championship for the forseeable future. BAR's progress is promising but just take a look at williams they were equal with ferrari last year but somehow ferrari always come out on top.
Reply 62
slim786
As long as Schumacher doesn't have a quality teammate to challenge him I don't think anyone else will win the championship for the forseeable future.

I'm not so sure, the gap between ferrari and the other teams is not what it used to be. I think next season Williams, Mclaren and BAR will be serious contenders and they'll be prepared for the "big" step that Ferrari will make with their new car.
Reply 63
G4ry
I'm not so sure, the gap between ferrari and the other teams is not what it used to be. I think next season Williams, Mclaren and BAR will be serious contenders and they'll be prepared for the "big" step that Ferrari will make with their new car.

Maybe although I always think if Renault could just get a powerful engine they would be right up there with ferrari.
Reply 64
slim786
Maybe although I always think if Renault could just get a powerful engine they would be right up there with ferrari.

I forgot about Renault. Last season they were deciding between two concepts for their new car. One would have had a really powerful engine up there with WIlliams but they would have lost reliability, so they went for the safer option of focusing more on manoeuverability, there aren't really many cars that handle as well as the Renault but they are seriously hurt for straight line speed.
Reply 65
slim786
As long as Schumacher doesn't have a quality teammate to challenge him I don't think anyone else will win the championship for the forseeable future. BAR's progress is promising but just take a look at williams they were equal with ferrari last year but somehow ferrari always come out on top.

You have to put pressure on Michael and he will slip up. Only if he doesn't have any pressure on him (like this year) will he not make a mistake, but put a bit of pressure on him and he will make a mistake.
Reply 66
fred0202
You have to put pressure on Michael and he will slip up. Only if he doesn't have any pressure on him (like this year) will he not make a mistake, but put a bit of pressure on him and he will make a mistake.

True but don't all drivers do that when the pressure is on and from experience other drivers do it way more frequently than Michael so he'll always come out on top.
Reply 67
slim786
True but don't all drivers do that when the pressure is on and from experience other drivers do it way more frequently than Michael so he'll always come out on top.

That is also true but people like to say that Michael is a God and is infallible but he does have his chinks.
Reply 68
fred0202
That is also true but people like to say that Michael is a God and is infallible but he does have his chinks.

If senna was still around he would of beaten michael consistently i reckon.
Reply 69
slim786
If senna was still around he would of beaten michael consistently i reckon.

But remember Michael had won the first 2 or 3 Grand prix of 94, Senna I think retired from all of them and Michael looked quite a bit faster than Senna.
Reply 70
fred0202
But remember Michael had won the first 2 or 3 Grand prix of 94, Senna I think retired from all of them and Michael looked quite a bit faster than Senna.

I heard there was major flaw with williams car that year so michael's car was way better. Remember the next few years williams dominated suggesting senna would of started beating schumi as he was way better than drivers like hill.
Reply 71
slim786
I heard there was major flaw with williams car that year so michael's car was way better. Remember the next few years williams dominated suggesting senna would of started beating schumi as he was way better than drivers like hill.

What did you think of the final race in 94. Michael should have been disqualified and Damon should have been the champion, he did what he did to Villeneuve but got away with it in 94.
Reply 72
look schumacher is the the driver ever to step into a car, at the moment he doesnt even need the ferrari because hes that good.

when he first came to ferrari the car wasnt that good and he was winning, benneton wasnt the best and he won, but to say just because he has the best car is a bit wrong, he still has to get in it and drive it for 2 hours (and hes about 35 yrs old, wheres as most of the drivers are about 25yrs old). Him and ferrari have built that car together over the past 5 years, so hes put alot of effort into the car so he deserves every victory he gets.

People are getting to the point where there finding formula 1 a bit boring, but i think that is a massive compliment to schumi because he is winning all the races.

Also he is winning because he has no pressure anymore, b4 he was going for records, but as he has done it now he is like a new driver.

I hope he wins every race, and if his car is reliable in every race i cant c why he cant go all the way.
Reply 73
smokey636
look schumacher is the the driver ever to step into a car, at the moment he doesnt even need the ferrari because hes that good.

when he first came to ferrari the car wasnt that good and he was winning, benneton wasnt the best and he won, but to say just because he has the best car is a bit wrong, he still has to get in it and drive it for 2 hours (and hes about 35 yrs old, wheres as most of the drivers are about 25yrs old). Him and ferrari have built that car together over the past 5 years, so hes put alot of effort into the car so he deserves every victory he gets.

People are getting to the point where there finding formula 1 a bit boring, but i think that is a massive compliment to schumi because he is winning all the races.

Also he is winning because he has no pressure anymore, b4 he was going for records, but as he has done it now he is like a new driver.

I hope he wins every race, and if his car is reliable in every race i cant c why he cant go all the way.

As I recall Schumi's first season for Ferrari was a disaster.

And quite how you can say he doesn't need the Ferrari team behind him is beyond me.
Tednol
What's your point? For qualifying, it's estimated that for every 1 lap more of fuel you are carrying your pace drops by 0.1 seconds.

So, lets say with equal fuel Schumi, in a car that is far better than the BAR, would have qualified 0.1 seconds ahead of Button. Wow, impressive...

The penalty is bigger than that, actually. And errr, things fluctuate from race to race. The BAR was good at imola and jenson did a good lap. Next race the track might suit ferrari more. All Im saying is, jenson doesnt stand a chance at winning the championship this year and the fact that he got pole means next to nothing.
Tednol
As I recall Schumi's first season for Ferrari was a disaster.

And quite how you can say he doesn't need the Ferrari team behind him is beyond me.

Yes, it was a disaster, because ferrari were disgraceful. He still won a few races and got quite a few points.

Why does he need ferrari behind him? He is the best driver on the grid by far. He would beat anyone in the same car as him..
G4ry
I forgot about Renault. Last season they were deciding between two concepts for their new car. One would have had a really powerful engine up there with WIlliams but they would have lost reliability, so they went for the safer option of focusing more on manoeuverability, there aren't really many cars that handle as well as the Renault but they are seriously hurt for straight line speed.

Err, last year they were using a very radical engine, with a V angle of like 120degrees or something...it was supposed to be revolutionary but it didnt work out. This year they have a normal V angle engine and clearly arent as powerful as the williams.
G4ry

What? Last year towards the end of the season ferraris car was alot slower than the williams, mildly faster than the renault and mclaren. The gap last year- had been closed. If there was a year where the teams would catch up it would be this year but that clearly hasnt happened yet. The other teams are absolutely miles behind at the moment and everyone is surprised at this considering last years pace..ferrari have pretty much gone beyond making big steps with the car anymore. I think theyre only using a slightly revised version of last years car this year and are still miles faster than all of the competition.
Reply 78
serious stuff
He is the best driver on the grid by far. He would beat anyone in the same car as him..

Give me evidence and I'll believe you.
Tednol
Personally mate, as we are all entitled to our opinions, I think you are talking rubbish.

Ive been watching Formula 1 avidly for about 8 years now, I clearly do know more about the sport than you otherwise your opinions wouldnt be so plainly wrong. Well see whos right though I guess.

Latest

Trending

Trending