Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    My brain is dead, can you carry on with the du/dx bit? I just can't get it right. And I don't get the (0.5) before the INT
    OK, we have INT 2xsin6x

Using the substitution u = 2x, 1/2du = dx and sin6x = sin3u

So we now have INT 1/2 usin3u du = 1/2 INT usin3u

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Either you're damn good, damn patient, or you got damn good software
    My age keeps me patient, and I've got some good software too. That was a prog called MathType I just used - great for maths symbols etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermat)
    My age keeps me patient, and I've got some good software too. That was a prog called MathType I just used - great for maths symbols etc.
    And your modest as well...

ReputationRep:
    What's the MSc like? I'm interested in doing it.

ReputationRep:
    What's the MSc like? I'm interested in doing it.
    Hard!
    You'll need a good honours degree (good == 1st or 2.1) to keep the pace.
    I gave up in the 2nd year. Now I'm thinking about it again. At the moment I'm just revising my interest in maths and I'll see what happens then.
    If you want to do the MSc, chat to lots of others - students and tutors/lecturers. See what kind of work load you will meet - and also do you really need to do it!
    If you spend a couple of years doing a 2nd degree, you may lose out a bit in your career. Get lots of advice.

ReputationRep:
    Hard!
    You'll need a good honours degree (good == 1st or 2.1) to keep the pace.
    I gave up in the 2nd year. Now I'm thinking about it again. At the moment I'm just revising my interest in maths and I'll see what happens then.
    If you want to do the MSc, chat to lots of others - students and tutors/lecturers. See what kind of work load you will meet - and also do you really need to do it!
    If you spend a couple of years doing a 2nd degree, you may lose out a bit in your career. Get lots of advice.
    Thanking you. I'm interested in the idea, I'll most probably take the BSc and run but if I find I really want to pursue it further I'll try. I know I won't need it as such but I may want it, I'll decide nearer the time.

ReputationRep:
    Thanking you. I'm interested in the idea, I'll most probably take the BSc and run but if I find I really want to pursue it further I'll try. I know I won't need it as such but I may want it, I'll decide nearer the time.
    lotsa luck

University open days

1. University of Edinburgh
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  2. University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
  3. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.