The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
My brain is dead, can you carry on with the du/dx bit? I just can't get it right. And I don't get the (0.5) before the INT

OK, we have INT 2xsin6x

Using the substitution u = 2x, 1/2du = dx and sin6x = sin3u

So we now have INT 1/2 usin3u du = 1/2 INT usin3u
Reply 41
ZJuwelH
Either you're damn good, damn patient, or you got damn good software :tongue:

My age keeps me patient, and I've got some good software too. That was a prog called MathType I just used - great for maths symbols etc. :smile:
Reply 42
Fermat
My age keeps me patient, and I've got some good software too. That was a prog called MathType I just used - great for maths symbols etc. :smile:
And your modest as well...
Reply 43
Fermat

What's the MSc like? I'm interested in doing it.
Reply 44
ZJuwelH
What's the MSc like? I'm interested in doing it.

Hard!
You'll need a good honours degree (good == 1st or 2.1) to keep the pace.
I gave up in the 2nd year. Now I'm thinking about it again. At the moment I'm just revising my interest in maths and I'll see what happens then.
If you want to do the MSc, chat to lots of others - students and tutors/lecturers. See what kind of work load you will meet - and also do you really need to do it!
If you spend a couple of years doing a 2nd degree, you may lose out a bit in your career. Get lots of advice.
Reply 45
Fermat
Hard!
You'll need a good honours degree (good == 1st or 2.1) to keep the pace.
I gave up in the 2nd year. Now I'm thinking about it again. At the moment I'm just revising my interest in maths and I'll see what happens then.
If you want to do the MSc, chat to lots of others - students and tutors/lecturers. See what kind of work load you will meet - and also do you really need to do it!
If you spend a couple of years doing a 2nd degree, you may lose out a bit in your career. Get lots of advice.

Thanking you. I'm interested in the idea, I'll most probably take the BSc and run but if I find I really want to pursue it further I'll try. I know I won't need it as such but I may want it, I'll decide nearer the time.
Reply 46
ZJuwelH
Thanking you. I'm interested in the idea, I'll most probably take the BSc and run but if I find I really want to pursue it further I'll try. I know I won't need it as such but I may want it, I'll decide nearer the time.

lotsa luck :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending