Is this the right choice for alevel subjects :s Watch

entername
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Ok, basically im confused. I do not know weather to do ICT AND COMPUTING as an a level as they are very similar and I have heard that some universities do not like them as a pair.
I am currently doing ICT,COMPUTING,MATHS.
Jkizer
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by entername)
Ok, basically im confused. I do not know weather to do ICT AND COMPUTING as an a level as they are very similar and I have heard that some universities do not like them as a pair.
ICT concerns a bit more on external features of computers e.g. environment stuff, data protection whereas Computing is more internal features e.g. coding languages

From my experience, AS ICT has horrid writing exams and would try avoid it if you can! You need to write in specific ways to get marks contrary to what it says on the marks scheme >.<. Not sure on computing though.

Depends on what you want to do i suppose. Are there any other subjects at gcse which you were good at? Any other options you are interested in?
entername
Rep:
?
Thanks, Business Studies i achieved an B.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by entername)
I would 100% be against doing ICT and Computing. The coursework alone would make you want to curl up and cry. :lol: If you're more interested in making websites, advanced excel and the other theory things like data protection. managing systems and emerging technologies, pick ICT. For computing you'll have to create a project system, this may be a spelling test system or theater booking system for examples. The exam is on data types, change over methods, binary, pseudo code and algorithms.
entername
Rep:
?
Thanks for the advice:banana:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?