The Student Room Group

Churchill College Pre-interview test

:confused: hi, can anyone who has taken the churchill college cambridge pre-interview test for mathematics tell me what standard the test is. if anyone can remember any questions from it that would also help. how many questions are there and what format is it in. any additional information would also be appreciated. thank you.:redface:
Reply 1
if you included a subject people may have some idea....
Reply 2
Hi

I studied Maths at Churchill starting from 2002, so I must have taken the test in 2001-2002 (can't believe it!). But I'll try to help if I can. I don't remember much about it, but I remember it was multiple choice. It must have been one of those multiple choice papers where you lose marks if you get an answer wrong (so you can't guess the answers you don't know). There must have been around 20-30 questions. I remember the first question was choosing which equation fitted the graph on the paper (it was a 1/x type graph). I can't remember much about the other questions. I wouldn't have thought the questions I sat would be more than a few lines (so not too in-depth).

About the two interviews, I've recently realised how hopeless I am at interviews so they can't be that bad (again can't remember much about them).

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dave
Original post by dijon
Hi

I studied Maths at Churchill starting from 2002, so I must have taken the test in 2001-2002 (can't believe it!). But I'll try to help if I can. I don't remember much about it, but I remember it was multiple choice. It must have been one of those multiple choice papers where you lose marks if you get an answer wrong (so you can't guess the answers you don't know). There must have been around 20-30 questions. I remember the first question was choosing which equation fitted the graph on the paper (it was a 1/x type graph). I can't remember much about the other questions. I wouldn't have thought the questions I sat would be more than a few lines (so not too in-depth).

About the two interviews, I've recently realised how hopeless I am at interviews so they can't be that bad (again can't remember much about them).

Let me know if you need any more help.

Dave

Hi Dave!

I know it's been a really really long time since you answered this question. But I was wondering if you could perhaps help me with my Pre-interview test. Just like you, I have applied to Churchill college for Maths and am to write my test in two weeks.. Are there any resources you could recommend? Do you know any site where I can access mock test or past papers? I would appreciate any help I could get...

Thanking you in advance,
Anagha
Original post by help_needed
:confused: hi, can anyone who has taken the churchill college cambridge pre-interview test for mathematics tell me what standard the test is. if anyone can remember any questions from it that would also help. how many questions are there and what format is it in. any additional information would also be appreciated. thank you.:redface:

If I may ask, how did your admission process go? Did you get in??
Original post by Me2Peeps
Hi Dave!

I know it's been a really really long time since you answered this question. But I was wondering if you could perhaps help me with my Pre-interview test. Just like you, I have applied to Churchill college for Maths and am to write my test in two weeks.. Are there any resources you could recommend? Do you know any site where I can access mock test or past papers? I would appreciate any help I could get...

Thanking you in advance,
Anagha

Hi Anagha,

If you look at the profiles of each of these users you will see that the last time any of them logged in was 2008 (i.e. you are not going to get an answer from them)

There is no admissions test for Maths only an interview. you will however be required to sit the STEP exam later on in the spring (2021).

Good Luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending