The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keynes24
I would do one benefit for investment as rise in potential growth and one benefit from X as a reduction in trade deficit

Ok, I see.. Thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Reply 781
Original post by lionelmessi19
Ok, I see.. Thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Hey, can you place your answer to the question you asked on the Global Economy Question doc. please when you've finished. Thanks a lot
Original post by Acc96
Hey, can you place your answer to the question you asked on the Global Economy Question doc. please when you've finished. Thanks a lot

Yes mate. I'm just writing up an answer now, and i'll paste it on the doc once I've finished :smile:
Reply 783
Yes mate. I'm just writing up an answer now, and i'll paste it on the doc once I've finished :smile:
Cool! Thanks :smile:
Does anyone know any other possible question 3 could be on if it wasn't globalisation?
Reply 785
Original post by Commentator
Does anyone know any other possible question 3 could be on if it wasn't globalisation?
I am 100% sure it will be on globalisation as globalisation covers a large section of specification and thus you can include many ideas into an essay on globalisation.

It has to be globalisation, that's the main point of extract 5
Depends they may ask a specific question rather than a question directly relating to globalisation.
I know it will most probably be globalisation, but i don't want to get into the exam and get asked a question which i haven't practiced. Could it be on Development or Sustainability of something?
I know it will most probably be globalisation, but i don't want to get into the exam and get asked a question which i haven't practiced. Could it be on Development or Sustainability of something?

If you look at the previous papers, question 3 has always been asked on the final extract, which for us is on globalisation. I don't think OCR will trick us and ask a different question. That's why it will most certainly be on globalisation. Besides, i'm pretty sure that's what the majority of students will prepare on. So if OCR do ask something different, you won't be the only one struggling!

It has to be in the content of the extract, when assessing benefits or cost of globalisation you could develop it in terms of sustainability or development or other bits. It has been discussed in previous pages, you can have a look at other bits mentioned
i have my first F585 mock on Thursday so i can finally see what areas I'm lacking on. Just need to remember to use the extracts properly. but still need to practice question 3.

Any exam tips?
I agree that the question is most likely to be on globalisation, however we should be aware of other possibilities. I agree we won't be the only ones struggling but the possibility that we might struggle is more stressing than it sounds. No one really cares about whether anyone else struggled on the last question or not (if it turns out to be other than globalisation) because they'll only really care about the fact that they themselves didn't prepare for other possibilities and therefore we'll be stressing throughout all summer (until results day) about the bad grade we might have got because of this.
Original post by PurpleMash
I agree that the question is most likely to be on globalisation, however we should be aware of other possibilities. I agree we won't be the only ones struggling but the possibility that we might struggle is more stressing than it sounds. No one really cares about whether anyone else struggled on the last question or not (if it turns out to be other than globalisation) because they'll only really care about the fact that they themselves didn't prepare for other possibilities and therefore we'll be stressing throughout all summer (until results day) about the bad grade we might have got because of this.

The question has to be on extract 5 since the structure of the paper is based on that. Globalisation, some inequality and poverty is mentioned. During the course you should have completed the syllabus and all topics in the specification, most courses concentrate more on the content of the extract. My guess is that the question is on globalisation in the context of winners and losers within or between countries but I am just speculating.
I noticed that someone had deleted all the content in the google document.
I kindly request you not to do this.
I do keep backup copies, so I do have the ability to recover the questions and answers.
Reply 795
I noticed that someone had deleted all the content in the google document.
I kindly request you not to do this.
I do keep backup copies, so I do have the ability to recover the questions and answers.

Hey, I noticed that too I was like WTF!!!!!! I got so stressed knowing that all the questions had been deleted. But whoever did it, seriously we are trying to succeed here, please don't and try stop us from doing this
Reply 796
Does anybody have a detailed plan on the question 'comment on the extent to which comparitive advantage influences the pattern of world trade'

I read back a few pages and couldn't find it :confused:
Original post by JJBinn
Does anybody have a detailed plan on the question 'comment on the extent to which comparitive advantage influences the pattern of world trade'

I posted it twice. Hopefully there is an answer in the shared word document
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Acc96
Hey, I noticed that too I was like WTF!!!!!! I got so stressed knowing that all the questions had been deleted. But whoever did it, seriously we are trying to succeed here, please don't and try stop us from doing this

I agree man! That's exactly what I thought! People can be so selfish :frown:
Reply 799
Original post by JJBinn

I'm trying to write a plan for it right now for Keynes haha but I dunno if I'll succeed so ......

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending