The Student Room Group

OCR F585 June 2015 The Global Economy

Scroll to see replies

I am looking to buy the APT toolkit this week. Is anybody here interested in splitting the cost?
Some questions to answer guys for extract 2:

a) Comment on the extent to which a deficit on the current account of the balance of payments is a sign of economic weakness. [10]

b) Comment on one policy the UK might introduce to improve its international competitiveness. [6]

And an essay question on extract 4/5:

c) Discuss the view that greater openness to international trade is the key to promoting economic growth and human development. [20]

How would you guys go about structuring and answering these questions?
Reply 82
Does anyone know which toolkit is better? Is the tutor2u toolkit or the APT toolkit better? Really confused as to which one will maximise my grade
Reply 83
Hi is anyone looking to buy the APT toolkit this year? If so, would anyone like to split the cost?
Original post by fredhovis

b) Comment on one policy the UK might introduce to improve its international competitiveness. [6]

My attempt (pretty excessively detailed for 6 markers which I know it does not need to!!!)

International competitiveness refer to a country's ability to compete against other countries of selling goods and services to other countries. The more international trades there are then the more benefits to the economy such as increase in economic growth, lower unemployment which are the macro-economic goals etc.

The UK economy can use monetary expansionary policy which is designed to influence aggregate demand to increase, you can do this by lowering the interest rate. This will make the pounds look more attractive and appealing; and the exports will become more cheaper which increases the international competitiveness and this mean the demand for the exports will increase by the over-ssea buyers. Also in comparison, UK exports are cheaper than other countries' exports.

HOWEVER the effectiveness of this method is to an extent, it depends on the size of the reduction of the exchange rate as the greater of the reduction of the pounds then the greater the impact it will produce to attract the foreign buyers. Although the pounds may be incredibly cheap but the quality of the goods/services are appalling so demand for these exports will not increase but instead be low.

-----
using my AS knowledge!!! by the way it may be wrong cos I haven't revise my AS yet so please tell me if it is!
:s also i didn't double proof read so excuse da grammar

ah ffs, i doubt i can write that in 6 mins, why exams are hand writteeeeeen i am so slow
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by huyay
Hi is anyone looking to buy the APT toolkit this year? If so, would anyone like to split the cost?

Original post by L'Etudiant
I am looking to buy the APT toolkit this week. Is anybody here interested in splitting the cost?

Hmmm is it really that helpful? I know nothing about ATP toolkit....So does it analyse all extract completely and stuff very detailed?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 86

I'd be interested if you were getting the tutor2u toolkit
Original post by Makashima
Hmmm is it really that helpful? I know nothing about ATP toolkit....So does it analyse all extract completely and stuff very detailed?

Original post by Josh96
I'd be interested if you were getting the tutor2u toolkit

A lot of people say the APT toolkit is better so it would be best if we got that. If 4-5 people agreed to get it together it would be great! :biggrin:
Original post by huyay

If I count you in there is three of us so far willing to split up the cost. If we get some more soon then we'll be able to get it very quickly! :biggrin:
If I count you in there is three of us so far willing to split up the cost. If we get some more soon then we'll be able to get it very quickly! :biggrin:

Hmmm is there any past products that I can review like last year toolkit?
Hmmm is there any past products that I can review like last year toolkit?

Each year's toolkits will be different but here is something to give you an idea of what it looks like. :smile:
Reply 91

Yeah it analyses everything really well, and points out every detail that you need to know before you sit the exam! Are you interested?
Reply 92

I'm not sure whether we should get the tutor2u or the APT toolkit ... I use alot of tutor2u CDs so I'm more familiar with them, but apparently APT is excellent to
Reply 93
A lot of people say the APT toolkit is better so it would be best if we got that. If 4-5 people agreed to get it together it would be great! :biggrin:

Hmm okay its just that I knew someone last year with the tutor2u one and it was very well put together, but if the cost is split multiple ways I wouldnt mind getting this one
If we get 5 people that would make it cost £11 each. Obviously, more people are welcome to chip in :smile: In any case - if someone else on the site decides to purchase the Tutor2u toolkit then we could always swap afterwards - giving us both toolkits :smile:
wow the APT toolkit looks really good !! I wouldn't mind contributing
Hmm I won't mind contributing as well!

Suppose we can split payment up by paypal! Guys got paypal?

So far it seems like:

makashima
humayra.ac
l'etudiant
josh96
huyay

Shall we discuss together further on skype?
(edited 9 years ago)
So far, we have:

1) Me
2) Stefan
3) Humayra
4) Josh
5) Huyay?
6) Makashima

Some more would be great!? :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Is the a free a sample out for this year ? if yes can someone send me the link, I just want to have a look, I am aware its incomplete
ghaypals?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending