VonDoom
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Is that too much work at AS?
And is it possible for me to get at least 90 UMS in all of them revising from day 1?
LadyEcliptic
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is entirely possible, a guy in my class did what you did and came out with 2 A* and 2 A's.

I lasted 2 months at that combo (was doing 5) and dropped physics, it is a lot of work but a nice combo.
Thorsas
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by VonDoom)
Is that too much work at AS?
And is it possible for me to get at least 90 UMS in all of them revising from day 1?
Whether it's too much work depends on you. I went to a school were plenty of people did this combination or similar at AS and attained good grades (AAB-AAAA), so it's not humanly impossible. It does take commitment, and when it comes time to study for the exams it will be a big part of your day, there's little doubt about that.

I did Maths, Chemistry, Physics and History AS, and personally, History was the most work for me, though biologists assure me - and I believe them - that biology takes the most work/"hard learning" of the sciences, with chemistry a close second.

Revising from day 1 is something my school recommends and something no one does. I honestly don't know if it'd help because I haven't tried. I tend to revise heavily for my winter exams to solidify the first half of the course and then keep a level of revision going until exam time.

It can be done, and many do, but a sizeable minority studying this combo ended up dropping one of their 4 before exam time too. But if we could do it, there's no reason you can't. You already know it's going to be tough enough so you'll be prepared.
Dynasty
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Did that with further maths as well. Easily doable. None of them are that high volume subjects, it's more intuition.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads