K.T
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys! So im currently taking AS level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I've been given the opportunity to do AS level RS instead of history as I had requested to change from history to RS. The school i attend do AQA for both these subjects.

If any of you have already done or are doing either (or both) these subjects, I want to know which one is much easier in terms of learning the facts and answering the questions in exam papers.

I don't want to change to RS and regret it later. On the other hand, if I find that i'm struggling with History in the future, I will regret it a lot.

Thank you in advance!
VonDoom
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by K.T)
Hi guys! So im currently taking AS level Biology, Chemistry, Maths and History. I've been given the opportunity to do AS level RS instead of history as I had requested to change from history to RS. The school i attend do AQA for both these subjects.

If any of you have already done or are doing either (or both) these subjects, I want to know which one is much easier in terms of learning the facts and answering the questions in exam papers.

I don't want to change to RS and regret it later. On the other hand, if I find that i'm struggling with History in the future, I will regret it a lot.

Thank you in advance!
I am doing Bio, Chem, and Maths and currently have RS.
OCR RS personally is boring asfk and I HATE it, on Monday I can switch it to Physics
hmanblackman
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
For my AS I did History and RS but both on OCR. I found RS much much much more interesting than History in terms of content but that of course depends on what specification your exam board follows. Most people that take RS seem to find it really interesting so I don't think you'd ever get bored during a lesson. That of course gives you motivation to study and you'll probably have an easier time revising for it since you'll enjoy it more.

That being said, I believe History is easier in terms of memorising facts and dates to get a decent grade. I revised far more for RS than I did for History but got a much higher mark in History. Good luck!
colourtheory
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
History is more prestigious and will widen your potential selection of degrees to a greater extent than RS, certainly it's a subject which is highly desired by admissions tutors. On the other hand, there is no point struggling through it if you prefer RS
lauzjw
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would say that RS is much, much easier than History. I did AQA history after getting 97% at IGCSE, and got a lowish A this year overall and a B in one paper. for RS I did WJEC though, which may have meant it was easier, but in my experience a lot more people struggle to get a good grade in history than they do in RS

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
60.92%
No (77)
20.75%
Not sure (68)
18.33%

Watched Threads