This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I've got M2 2morro (last exam ) but after doing M1, M3, P1, P2 & P3 I really think that a time of 1h30 is too short for this kind of exam. It may just be me being a slow writter or something but I think that to do maths you need to take yer time to find the answer & often you can realise where you have gone wrong and go back and correct it. I often have found my self saying "right i'll skip that part out and go back and do it at the end" but I am always out of time, it's a bad way to loose marks. An extra half hour would just be enough to complete and check through your whole paper. It should be a test of your abillity and not how fast you can answer the Q's.

I know people don't like longer exams, but what are peoples thoughts?
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
i must agree, last jan i got a d and i would have got a b at least if i had time to check thu my work. I had loads of silly mistakes on there
Ollie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
oh yeah btw, ive got it 2mrw and im not looking 4ward to it at all! its gonna be bad!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
I would personally like more timeon the A2 modules,but i think mathematics at exam level should test the students ability to answer under a subtle pressure. i myself found the P3 hard and time was a problem but I dont like to complain bout the time becos I think that time pressure shood also be exerted on the student. Thatll also stop ppl going for long methods.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Personally I think the timings are all right. I usually have about 5-10 minutes to check. However, this year's P3 was a long paper and was more suited to 1hr 40 mins.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
P3 was hard n not enough time, but i finshed P2 in an hr n S2 in 45mins so i was waitin around, may b sum people arent 2 bright
LittleMissSmile
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
hey
i agree to some of u!
i though pure 3 was a reeaaally long paper, was writig til the end and im a hellish fast writer. but i dno if too much more time wud of helped...u either see the methods fast or u dont and if u dont its kinda tough cheese (expectin an E in pure 3 to be honest)
as for pure 2 tho, it was soo much better, was finished 45mins into it, had lotsa time left to check, altho i have still made mistakes, but i felt a lot more confident bout it.
hope m2 is gud 2moro - i do physics and can get 100% in some of the old M2 papers, ooor they shuv in a reeally nasty few questions and then ill b buggered!
prob wit m2 is cud make a smiall mistake and it completely messs it all up. love 'prrove that's tho...means u can fiddle to ge tthe answer!!!
xxx
gud luck 2 every1
xxx
o PS can some maths genius print up the anwers on here after the exam roughyl to c if i did well or badly! thanks in advance xxx
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (209)
33.49%
No (415)
66.51%

Watched Threads