Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Wasup everyone
    i'm doing my GCSEs this year and was just wondering if ne1 has any ideas on what topics mite come up on this years history exam (am doin Edexcel). apparantly u can guess wat topics may come up by lookin at the past papers. also does any1 hav ne tips on what is the best way to revise for history.....rite now i'm reading notes....but thats pretty much it.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Well what topics have you been studying for the past 2 years?!?
    Best way to revise for history is to recall key events and what they resulted in happening afterwards, i really don't know because i didn't revise history at GCSE

ReputationRep:
    You know those things you've been studying for 2 years? Any of them.

ReputationRep:
    HIstory is the hardest GCSE I reckon.

I am taking it with AQA this year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samdavyson)
    HIstory is the hardest GCSE I reckon.

I am taking it with AQA this year.
    My History teacher says that current GCSE History is more difficult than her A-level was.

ReputationRep:
    I can see that being true.

The exam is so tight for time with two to three essays per paper.

So your content has to be conscise and dead accurate, I find it hard just to learn the facts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    My History teacher says that current GCSE History is more difficult than her A-level was.
    Really thats quite interesting, GCSE history was a walk in the park i thought, people i know constantly witter on about how hard their A level history is, but its whatever you are good at i suppose.

ReputationRep:
    so how hard is history at A-level.....i'm takin it and well, i find GCSE hist. quite easy altho everything is like 10 times harder at a levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Absolution)
    Really thats quite interesting, GCSE history was a walk in the park i thought, people i know constantly witter on about how hard their A level history is, but its whatever you are good at i suppose.
    I think it's because your answers have to be so precise - you could give some quite relevant and detailed information in an answer and get no marks for it.

I'm still quite good at it, but many don't do well.

I don't like the fact that it is often so date based - History is about more than learning dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Huntroyde)
    It still is, so they say, apparantly the gcse sources exam is harder than the AS one.

ReputationRep:
    I heard theres probably going to be a question on Cuba for the Cold War and it might be on Women for Nazi Germany. Also all the Divided Union seem to have some Civil Rights on them but i suppose it depends on what questions you are doing.

Don't try and guess tho is not worth it when only a 4 mark question comes up or its on a totally different topic!

ReputationRep:
    true, newayz, thanks for the tips.......i was gonna revise everything newayz, but was just wondering wat every1 else thought.....

ReputationRep:
    I always thought that history was quite a tricky subject....although I certainly wouldn't agree with it being easier than a-level (but the I suppose it depends on which board and specification you do). You need to have a good background knowledge of what your studying- this isn't just names and dates, this is things like why things happened, which events were more significant in bringining about change than others etc. It's also a good idea to have a go at some past papers (under timed conditions) not only will this help you get your head around source questions it will give you practice writing all your ideas down in a limited time.

University open days

• University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • University of Sheffield
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.