The Student Room Group

Seeing people you know but not friends with in public. AWKWARD

Like people that you talk to sometimes but wouldn't really class as friends. What do you do? I find such situations awkward haha

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Walk past them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
ignore them.

its only awkward if you make it awkward.
Original post by Ggmu!
Walk past them

Posted from TSR Mobile

It comes across as rude though lol
Reply 4
Original post by Secretnerd123
It comes across as rude though lol

You can't please everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I smile and walk past them
ye I do find it awkward actually lol. Never sure what to do.
If they stop for a quick chat, then why not? If they ignore me, I do the same thing. I don't want to make myself seem like an eager beaver and start conversation that turns awkward quickly, so I wait for them to make the first move otherwise just carry on walking.
Smile if we're both walking but if we're standing around I'll say hi. I'm so unobservant and usually day dreaming though so the chances of me noticing them in the first place are pretty low lol.
Reply 9
Original post by MidnightDream
I smile and walk past them

wut tihs word mean?
Original post by Ggmu!
You can't please everyone.

Posted from TSR Mobile

But people you speak to like classmates that you dont necessary hang out with for instance. I feel like its rude not to say hey :tongue:
I always do this little wave and smile. Can't be bothered to actually talk to them. :colondollar:
Original post by ChickenMadness
ye I do find it awkward actually lol. Never sure what to do.

Have you ever tried to hide from them to avoid the awkwardness? :colone:
Reply 13
I just pass them tbh. I'm not going to see them again so I'll do whatever I want lol.
Have you ever tried to hide from them to avoid the awkwardness? :colone:

If it's someone I kind of dislike or don't really like talking to I usually just stare straight ahead lol. But it feels so rude.
Like people that you talk to sometimes but wouldn't really class as friends. What do you do? I find such situations awkward haha

Just sort of nod my head and say 'you alright' or 'sound mate'. Not really awkward at all tbh :confused:
Original post by ChickenMadness
If it's someone I kind of dislike or don't really like talking to I usually just stare straight ahead lol. But it feels so rude.

You sho rude.

Spoiler

Smile, say "Hey, you alright?" Whilst walking past them without waiting for an answer.
Generally a hi or a wave would suffice
Original post by Another
Smile, say "Hey, you alright?" Whilst walking past them without waiting for an answer.

Loooool

Quick Reply

Latest