Anyone that plays 3DS or Wii U? or watches Anime? Watch

Tareko
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hiya, just wondering if anyone basically has the same interests as me.

I'm going to be studying Biomedical Science at Wolverhampton Uni.

Would be cool if anyone likes Anime/plays 3DS or Wii U games, could watch an Anime or two together/discuss it or play a game/discuss it etc

I'm expecting no one will, but still curious
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Occasionally, but mainly films over series, I had to do Japanese at school so most of the Studio Ghibli films we watched but I used to watch a bit of death note and other things
Tareko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sophii-Lou)
Occasionally, but mainly films over series, I had to do Japanese at school so most of the Studio Ghibli films we watched but I used to watch a bit of death note and other things
Studio Ghibli is so good! Did you know Wolverhampton offers Japanese classes?

The times are either daytime or evening;
Daytime: Tuesdays 1-3 PM
Evening: Fridays 6-8 PM

Sign-up deadline is 10th October and classes start on17th. You can reserve your place by emailing [email protected] and you pay £50 to confirm your place for 6 weeks worth of classes. After 12 weeks of classes you get the option to work towards an ABC Award.

I can't wait! Oh and what was your favourite Studio Ghibli movie?
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I'm taking Italian and sign language instead - Japanese is so hard I did 3 years worth and we only just covered the alphabets!

I really like princess monoke and howls moving castle. We had Japanese pen pals so it was always something to talk about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tareko
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm taking Italian and sign language instead - Japanese is so hard I did 3 years worth and we only just covered the alphabets!

I really like princess monoke and howls moving castle. We had Japanese pen pals so it was always something to talk about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome. Howls Moving Castle is one of my favourites, but my most favourite is Spirited Away. I think it's because I watched it when I was young and the nostalgia gets me everytime. I feel like re-watching again haha.

Oh, so you learned the Kana and some Kanji I'm guessing? I've self-taught myself kana and some kanji radicals, my main goal is to learn all the radicals and the slightly different forms they can take - so I can look up any Kanji by radical and stroke count. Memorising isn't my strong suit and I hate just memorising kanji.

But yeah, writing and reading is the hardest part
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
We mainly focused on hiragana that was almost an entire year. My school is considered a 'language college' so I had to do French German and Japanese at the same time but I'm not really very good at languages. We had to take one to GCSE and I did German, our Japanese teacher had a few colourful outbursts at the end of year 9 and it put me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tareko
Rep:
?
We mainly focused on hiragana that was almost an entire year. My school is considered a 'language college' so I had to do French German and Japanese at the same time but I'm not really very good at languages. We had to take one to GCSE and I did German, our Japanese teacher had a few colourful outbursts at the end of year 9 and it put me off.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sounds sad, I can remember the classroom atmosphere - children can be so disrespectful.

Anyway, sign language and Italian - wow. What spurred that interest?
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
iOS it bad to say assasins creed? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
iOS it bad to say assasins creed? lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is* stupid iphone is ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Tareko
Rep:
?
Is* stupid iphone is ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
Not at all haha. That's well good, it's obvious I'm interested in Japanese because of anime anyway xD
TheNoobishKnight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Tareko)
Studio Ghibli is so good! Did you know Wolverhampton offers Japanese classes?

The times are either daytime or evening;
Daytime: Tuesdays 1-3 PM
Evening: Fridays 6-8 PM

Sign-up deadline is 10th October and classes start on17th. You can reserve your place by emailing [email protected] and you pay £50 to confirm your place for 6 weeks worth of classes. After 12 weeks of classes you get the option to work towards an ABC Award.

I can't wait! Oh and what was your favourite Studio Ghibli movie?
Can you be under 18 to go(17)?

Already know a bit of basic japanese, study it for a few months but then got lost in A-level work -_-
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you at the uni? Not sure if it's only for the uni students as it was advertised in the university freshers week book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Joshua697
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do any of you guys play final fantasy or Kingdom hearts?
TheNoobishKnight
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Are you at the uni? Not sure if it's only for the uni students as it was advertised in the university freshers week book

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh na lol, oh well
TheNoobishKnight
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Joshua697)
Yeah, I played 13 and 7, I am like 1/5 of the way through but had to stop because of college -_-
Tareko
Rep:
?
(Original post by Joshua697)
I play Bravely Default if that counts. They made it to resemble old FF and it's by the same people.
Sophii-Lou
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I played final fantasy 13 part 1 but I never finished because it got really repetitive and tedious but the graphics were amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile
WunHiWundr
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm watching a new anime: Darker Than Black, it's okay, quite enjoy it. Previously I watched Mirai Nikki. It was also good. I'm into creepy/psychological. Anyone else like that type of Anime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by WunHiWundr)
I'm watching a new anime: Darker Than Black, it's okay, quite enjoy it. Previously I watched Mirai Nikki. It was also good. I'm into creepy/psychological. Anyone else like that type of Anime?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I love creepy /psychological anime, especially death note!
What's the story behind Darker Than Black?
Seems very interesting.
Do you play any video games?
I'm so behind on anime, just so busy with my academics & research.
inachigeek21
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I play 3Ds & watch anime.
Is biomedical science your passion or were you forced into it?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (133)
18.6%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (72)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (407)
56.92%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (103)
14.41%

Watched Threads