The Student Room Group

Any girls that are right wing

One thing most right wingers tend to be men so i wanna do a little survey.
If you are just come in here and say you are and your reasons why.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
nice
Original post by Doob
nice

huh?
Reply 3
I'm neither right-wing nor female but I remember reading somewhere (might have been an A level politics text book) that until the late 20th century women were more likely to vote for the Tories. Notable figures include Margaret Thatcher (obviously), Mary Whitehouse and Christabel Pankhurst (who had some involvement with the B.U.F IIRC).
Put simply, I am a right-wing libertarian because I support personal autonomy, private property rights and a tiny, tiny state.
According to that political compass: I'm mostly in the centre, but leaning a tiny bit towards right authoritarian.
Reply 6
yesh :3.
The proper traditional kind too not the kind of parasitic liberals that've developed a liking towards referring to themselves as right-wing purely because they don't think capitalism is demonic.
Yes.
I can hook you up with my nan if you want some right-wing action? Or alternatively you could go down to your local retirement home and find some there. I wanr you though, they can express their opinions a bit more freely than lets say Sarah Palin or Thatcher, words I'm not even a loud to utter here without using asterisks.

Alternatively you've got Britain First bin liner wearing oranges such as this one:

Although judging by her lack of wrinkles I think she may just be a model.
Reply 9
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
A lot of conservatism is about accepting submission to your betters I would say. And I would say the same about right wing libertarianism. Anarchism (extreme left ideology mostly) is the total opposite of submission. It's all about how you view things as I'm sure you wont agree with me.

right-wing ideology distinguishes between strong and weak. It recognizes that not everyone's inherently equal in their abilities and so forth. Lefties reject that because they themselves tend to be the latter(the marginalized,the inadequate,the lacking,the ones that don't "fit in" and so on and so forth) and they're doing it out of self-interest and a high degree of empathy towards those who are just like them.
At the end of day the left is by nature reactionary because there's no such thing as "no hierarchy".
Nothing to do with "You can't tell me what to do pffft!!!11".
But really,promoting weakness is evil.
Original post by P357
right-wing ideology distinguishes between strong and weak. It recognizes that not everyone's inherently equal in their abilities and so forth. Lefties reject that because they themselves tend to be the latter(the marginalized,the inadequate,the lacking,the ones that don't "fit in" and so on and so forth) and they're doing it out of self-interest and a high degree of empathy towards those who are just like them.
At the end of day the left is by nature reactionary because there's no such thing as "no hierarchy".

Lol I think you will find a ****load of left-wingers come from rich families. A good deal of professionals - university professors (virtually all tbh), journalists, millionaire writers, etc are left-wing.

If you think these people think of themselves as (or, worse, actually are) "inadequate or marginalised" you need to rethink your theories.
Reply 11
Original post by SourJellyBean
Lol I think you will find a ****load of left-wingers come from rich families. A good deal of professionals - university professors (virtually all tbh), journalists, millionaire writers, etc are left-wing.

If you think these people think of themselves as (or, worse, actually are) "inadequate or marginalised" you need to rethink your theories.

You did not,in the SLIGHEST bit understand what I meant by "marginalized". I meant biologically weak and inferior for the most part.
But okay,say I bite,even then.Lefties don't really tend to come from rich families either-that's middle class,which is not "rich".
No such thing as a leftie millionaire.
As for university professors,this seems to be a contemporary thing within academia in the 21st century. Like how Darwinist thought dominated academia once(which of course influenced much of the social Darwinism theories of that time)whereas others eras(i.e. the enlightenment)followed more liberal lines of thinking. .This is not a set-in-stone thing,it's a fluctuation of contemporary thinking.I find it embarrassing that you need to have these things explained to you.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by P357

You forgot wealth in there as well. So yes, they except these hierarchies should exist. So they are submissive to them. An anarchist may reject's these hierarchies and rebel against them. Not submissive.

A right wing middle class person is in awe of those above him and does his best to climb up nearer to them, whilst regarding those below him as inferior and is normally terrified of falling off the ladder and becoming one of them. That is probably what drives society to be honest...To me that is the right wing conservative view.

Also the libetarian left isn;t necessarily about "no hericahies" rather justifiable and accountable hierarchies. Worker cooperatives etc (which can be capitalist based).
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
You forgot wealth in there as well. So yes, they except these hierarchies should exist. So they are submissive to them. An anarchist may reject's these hierarchies and rebel against them. Not submissive.

A right wing middle class person is in awe of those above him and does his best to climb up nearer to them, whilst regarding those below him as inferior and is normally terrified of falling off the ladder and becoming one of them. That is probably what drives society to be honest...To me that is the right wing conservative view.

Also the libetarian left isn;t necessarily about "no hericahies" rather justifiable and accountable hierarchies. Worker cooperatives etc (which can be capitalist based).

Wealth is an indication of status. The right believes that not everyone can have equal status because not everyone is built equal-some are better/stronger/more intelligent/etc in their specific field. Therefore they respect the natural hierarchy.That doesn't mean they're submissive to anything because the one holding that belief could be weak or strong-it's irrelevant.And being subversive in line of thinking is absolutely pointless if you can't live up to it in action.So if said anarchist is not blessed genetically(physically weak/challenged intellectually) he is BY DEFAULT submissive regardless of how badly he wishes it weren't so because the stronger/better ones WILL overtake him.That's the system.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by P357
You did not,in the SLIGHEST bit understand what I meant by "marginalized". I meant biologically weak and inferior for the most part.
But okay,say I bite,even then.Lefties don't really tend to come from rich families either-that's middle class,which is not "rich".
As for university professors,this seems to be a contemporary thing within academia in the 21st century. Like how Darwinist thought dominated academia once(which of course influenced much of the social Darwinism theories of that time)whereas others eras(i.e. the enlightenment)followed more liberal lines of thinking. .This is not a set-in-stone thing,it's a fluctuation of contemporary thinking.I find it embarrassing that you need to have these things explained to you.

There are plenty of left wing millionaires, JK Rowling is a prominent one as is Daniel Radcliffe.

Some of my family are millionaires and they are not right wing

also studies have shown left wingers are more intelligent
Reply 15
Original post by P357

My family are millionaires and they're quite left wing i.e. they'd be disgusted by the drivel in your post.
Reply 16
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
There are plenty of left wing millionaires, JK Rowling is a prominent one as is Daniel Radcliffe.

Some of my family are millionaires and they are not right wing

also studies have shown left wingers are more intelligent

Quote me some?I'm totally keen to see how being strongly empathetic and whatnot=intelligent.The only one I've seen was a sociological one by sociology professors(:biggrin:) which pretty much made it illegitimate.

Original post by ilem
My family are millionaires and they're quite left wing i.e. they'd be disgusted by the drivel in your post.

Can I ask the means through which your family acquired its wealth?
If my post is "full of drivel" please undermine it with evidence. I mean I do fully realize that lefties aren't that pleased on being called out for any of that stuff but hey...I didn't really say you're totally useless so meh.

Right. For some bizarre reason when I said millionaires I had bankers and entrepreneurs in mind...I completely ignored the entertainment industry-possibly because they rely on their income coming from,well...people liking them. Fair's fair I always say so sorry about that-how about the largest majority of millionaires?And pretty much every billionaire?
Reply 17
Original post by P357
Quote me some?I'm totally keen to see how being strongly empathetic and whatnot=intelligent.The only one I've seen was a sociological one by sociology professors(:biggrin:) which pretty much made it illegitimate.

Can I ask the means through which your family acquired its wealth?
If my post is "full of drivel" please undermine it with evidence. I mean I do fully realize that lefties aren't that pleased on being called out for any of that stuff but hey...I didn't really say you're totally useless so meh.

Right. For some bizarre reason when I said millionaires I had bankers and entrepreneurs in mind...I completely ignored the entertainment industry-possibly because they rely on their income coming from,well...people liking them. Fair's fair I always say so sorry about that-how about the largest majority of millionaires?And pretty much every billionaire?

Dad's got an IT company.

I have to ask, how do you manage to establish and sustain friendships? Must be an ordeal keeping friends when you're constantly categorising people into 'inferior' and 'superior' in your mind. Or do you just make friends with other people with a similar social darwinist mindset?
Original post by Viva Emptiness
Put simply, I am a right-wing libertarian because I support personal autonomy, private property rights and a tiny, tiny state.

:fan: Truly libertarian girls are rare! Though I'm not as libertarian as I used to be myself.

Anyway, in my experience, girls who do STEM (or Economics) tend to be more right wing than non-STEM.
Reply 19
Original post by ilem
Dad's got an IT company.

I have to ask, how do you manage to establish and sustain friendships? Must be an ordeal keeping friends when you're constantly categorising people into 'inferior' and 'superior' in your mind. Or do you just make friends with other people with a similar social darwinist mindset?

Dad's got an IT company. Was dad a stem student by any chance?Would I be right in thinking he wasn't very athletic throughout his younger years?

Right,well at least you've sort of admitted that your reply was quite reactionary. Really simple,you see,I don't categorize people into black and white groups. I tend to place them on a full spectrum. When I said "inferior" I was sort of referring to things such as strength/intelligence/etc. Weak people,just like people who aren't academically stellar can have other things about them,such as sense of humor;integrity etc. I just don't think that they are MEANT to be at the top of the hierarchy chain purely because well...you know...they can't. They can't be leaders or pioneers or what have you. But I think labor is hugely important too and they are people at the end of the day.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest