Shouldnt this be manslaughter not murder?

Watch
matthewduncan
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Heres the low down.

Three guys
Name:  image.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  66.1 KB

got a call that some other guys they have beef with have been spotted in the local vicinity so they decide to tool up and go shoot at them.
Unfortunately they hit the wrong person.
A sexy honey that goes by the name of sabrina moss. (most of you probably heard about this story)

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  89.4 KB

All three have literally just been sentenced to 37 years behind bars and its got me thinking.
Shouldn't this have been considered manslaughter?
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
So, they go out with the intent to murder and actually kill someone, and this is manslaughter?
Last time I checked, manslaughter involved the ACCIDENTAL death of a person (not a specific person) which could have possibly been avoided.

Am I not right in assuming?

This is murder, the victim was just unlucky.
Caedus
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
So, they go out with the intent to murder and actually kill someone, and this is manslaughter?
Last time I checked, manslaughter involved the ACCIDENTAL death of a person (not a specific person) which could have possibly been avoided.

Am I not right in assuming?

This is murder, the victim was just unlucky.
As there was no intent to murder the victim, and the victim died as a result of a reckless act, I would call it manslaughter.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Caedus)
As there was no intent to murder the victim, and the victim died as a result of a reckless act, I would call it manslaughter.
This is still murder, but just a case of mistaken identity.
That's like saying there are twins you go out to murder twin A and end up murdering twin B.

Should the crime be lesser for a case of mistaken identity?
Caedus
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
This is still murder, but just a case of mistaken identity.
That's like saying there are twins you go out to murder twin A and end up murdering twin B.

Should the crime be lesser for a case of mistaken identity?
Wait a minute, I thought the girl died in the crossfire? If that's so, it's manslaughter.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Caedus)
Wait a minute, I thought the girl died in the crossfire? If that's so, it's manslaughter.
I haven't heard this case before (or if I have, probably forgot about it/skimmed it), but, if that's the case.
Then yes, it is manslaughter technically.
manchesterunited15
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
either way just give them life
Waka Flocka
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
They are black and not Olypians so it can only be murder (sarcasm)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Old_Simon
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
A killing which takes during the commission of a felony - in this case the conspiracy and attempt to murder a third party - is murder.
Caedus
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I haven't heard this case before (or if I have, probably forgot about it/skimmed it), but, if that's the case.
Then yes, it is manslaughter technically.
First I've heard of it also. I skimmed an article and it did indeed say the girls were not the intended targets and that they "were in the wrong place at the wrong time". It's still not clear as to whether your mistaken identity scenario was what actually occurred.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (53)
21.72%
Note taking apps (6)
2.46%
Flashcards (47)
19.26%
Revision guides (15)
6.15%
Past papers (115)
47.13%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (8)
3.28%

Watched Threads