The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Access Course for International Relations??

Hello,

I would like to apply to King's College London to read International Relations. I was just going through the website when I found this:

"The department welcomes applicants with relevant life experience.

Applicants with relevant life experience may need to take an Access course to prepare them for their degree. Those applicants not already taking an Access course are strongly advised to consult the Admissions Tutor about their application."

What is "relevant life experience"? Would I have to take an Access course if I don't have this life experience? I'm just confused as to how this will affect my application.

Thank you :smile:
Original post by YanaIguana
Hello,

I would like to apply to King's College London to read International Relations. I was just going through the website when I found this:

"The department welcomes applicants with relevant life experience.

Applicants with relevant life experience may need to take an Access course to prepare them for their degree. Those applicants not already taking an Access course are strongly advised to consult the Admissions Tutor about their application."

What is "relevant life experience"? Would I have to take an Access course if I don't have this life experience? I'm just confused as to how this will affect my application.

Thank you :smile:

Access courses are one year college courses for over 19 year olds who've had a break from education.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by jelly1000
Access courses are one year college courses for over 19 year olds who've had a break from education.

Thank you! I was worried I wouldn't be able to start the BA International Relations next year so your answer has really helped. :smile:
I took an access course and I am starting the Business Management course next week. They are accepted, I mentioned a lot of my work experience in my personal statement :smile: x

Quick Reply

Latest