mrshemmings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am so annoyed about the new GCSEs. I understand that the core subjects will updated and made harder in 2015 and the rest of the subjects changed in 2017. I'll start my GSCE course next year in 2015. I am in year 9. My GSCEs will be finished in 2017. So the years below me will have more impressive GSCEs, as all of theirs will be the new harder exams, whereas only half of mine will be the harder exams. I am wondering whether this will make me less qualified than the years below me? x
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mrshemmings)
I am so annoyed about the new GCSEs. I understand that the core subjects will updated and made harder in 2015 and the rest of the subjects changed in 2017. I'll start my GSCE course next year in 2015. I am in year 9. My GSCEs will be finished in 2017. So the years below me will have more impressive GSCEs, as all of theirs will be the new harder exams, whereas only half of mine will be the harder exams. I am wondering whether this will make me less qualified than the years below me? x
Moved to GCSE section for you.

No it shouldn't really. Employers will still probably look at having the same minimum Engish and maths grade then the specific higher education qualification. Don't worry.
dinglebells
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
it wont make u less qualified lol, in fact itll probably make u more qualified cuz u would have got higher grades than them
Blaze3211
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I thought GCSE's finished in 2016 and the new ones start in 2017
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (147)
14.54%
I'm not sure (43)
4.25%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.97%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.57%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.66%

Watched Threads