mrshemmings
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I am so annoyed about the new GCSEs. I understand that the core subjects will updated and made harder in 2015 and the rest of the subjects changed in 2017. I'll start my GSCE course next year in 2015. I am in year 9. My GSCEs will be finished in 2017. So the years below me will have more impressive GSCEs, as all of theirs will be the new harder exams, whereas only half of mine will be the harder exams. I am wondering whether this will make me less qualified than the years below me. x
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mrshemmings)
I am so annoyed about the new GCSEs. I understand that the core subjects will updated and made harder in 2015 and the rest of the subjects changed in 2017. I'll start my GSCE course next year in 2015. I am in year 9. My GSCEs will be finished in 2017. So the years below me will have more impressive GSCEs, as all of theirs will be the new harder exams, whereas only half of mine will be the harder exams. I am wondering whether this will make me less qualified than the years below me. x
You can only sit the exams that they put in front of you, there's no choice so you might as well not worry about it.

fwiw I don't think it's likely to have much of an effect on your ability to get on in life, go to uni or get a job.
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mrshemmings)
In the real world, as long as you've got your passes in the core subjects, your GCSEs aren't that important. So having "less impressive" GCSEs really isn't a problem! If I were you, I'd be getting more upset about the A Level reforms that might genuinely impact you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (129)
14.61%
I'm not sure (40)
4.53%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (265)
30.01%
I have already dropped out (22)
2.49%
I'm not a current university student (427)
48.36%

Watched Threads