quamquam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi

I'm doing maths further maths physics and history but am finding history quite boring - does anyone know if Eng Lit would be a good alternative? Is it very hard to get top marks, like an A at AS? Is it interesting? Will it be quite time consuming?

Thanks
Changing Skies
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by quamquam)
Hi

I'm doing maths further maths physics and history but am finding history quite boring - does anyone know if Eng Lit would be a good alternative? Is it very hard to get top marks, like an A at AS? Is it interesting? Will it be quite time consuming?

Thanks
I found english literature easier than history, even though I preferred history I felt it required less effort, there's less to memorise, for example. If you know your texts well and stick to the assessment objectives, you should breeze through it I put barely any work into literature and still got an A. Perhaps have a look at the texts you'd be studying to ensure you'd be okay on the course

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
It's very time consuming, with essays, coursework and reading taking up a large portion of your day. That being said, it is by far my favourite A-level, and wouldn't drop it for the world.
JackBlack
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its deceivingly time consuming. But if you like analysing things, you'll like it.
Changing Skies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Arkasia)
It's very time consuming, with essays, coursework and reading taking up a large portion of your day. That being said, it is by far my favourite A-level, and wouldn't drop it for the world.
Just shows how much my teachers didn't care, oops :rofl: I never had work for it, did a couple of essays across the two years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
quamquam
Rep:
?
(Original post by Changing Skies)
I found english literature easier than history, even though I preferred history I felt it required less effort, there's less to memorise, for example. If you know your texts well and stick to the assessment objectives, you should breeze through it I put barely any work into literature and still got an A. Perhaps have a look at the texts you'd be studying to ensure you'd be okay on the course

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Did you do AQA eng lit? And you say you preferred history - did you still find eng lit interesting though? Or did it get a bit boring? Cheers!
Changing Skies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thanks! Did you do AQA eng lit? And you say you preferred history - did you still find eng lit interesting though? Or did it get a bit boring? Cheers!
No problem Yeah I did I loved literature! So much, so I'd definitely recommend it I did prefer A2 though because I did gothic literature :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
quamquam
Rep:
?
No problem Yeah I did I loved literature! So much, so I'd definitely recommend it I did prefer A2 though because I did gothic literature :love:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Aha thanks Also, is there a big step up from GCSE?
ByronicHero
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Not particularly difficult.

Somewhat interesting.

Not particularly time consuming.
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just shows how much my teachers didn't care, oops :rofl: I never had work for it, did a couple of essays across the two years.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that does seem a little relaxed of them, but its fine as long as you came out with good grades.
Changing Skies
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Aha thanks Also, is there a big step up from GCSE?
I actually didn't find it too bad! The way you style your answers and the depth of them is different, but I wouldn't say I found it more difficult I could help you out if you ever need advice
(Original post by Arkasia)
Yeah that does seem a little relaxed of them, but its fine as long as you came out with good grades.
One said I'd fail numerous times, too but very true

Posted from TSR Mobile
Arkasia
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
One said I'd fail numerous times, too but very true

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's one really supportive teacher you had there :yy:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise