The Student Room Group

What happens if you don't pay parking tickets?

What happens if you don't pay parking tickets like you get them 2-3 times a week but never pay them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by h4mza
What happens if you don't pay parking tickets like you get them 2-3 times a week but never pay them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Proper ones from the council?
If its euro car parking ones, which are normally found in car parks for retail stores in that case people normally ignore them. If council ones then definitely pay.
Council ones? Appeal them or pay them.

Private ones? Appeal them, pay them, or ignore them.

Despite what most people say, there is a growing body of case law owing in favour to the car park companies. It's not as easy to get away with simply ignoring them as it once used to be.
Reply 4
It might rain the next day
Reply 5
Private ones? Depends on the company and how many. Most companies dont bother with court, some (e.g. Parking Eye) do. If you get lots of tickets they may try for court as it may be worth it if they win. However you'll only ever pay the amount + a token costs (£50) if you lose.

Council ones will escalate quickly and eventually be passed onto the bailiffs with an Order For Recovery, which will probably leave you at about £500 per ticket, as well as your car being clamped or removed if you can't/don't pay.

Police ones will see you summoned to Magistrates court where a heavy fine will be issued (or an arrest warrant issued if you don't show up.)
Reply 6
Council? Pay up.
Private- leave it.
Even if it goes to court (which it wont) you are only obliged to hand over actual loss of earnings. The "penalty" is none enforceable.
Reply 7
How do I know if it's council or private? I park it at residential streets near the uni. They have signs you can park up to 1 or 2 hours.
THEY come, you know who I mean? THEY come and 'talk' to y'all, so pay yar ticket YE scurvy sea monkey ARRGH

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by h4mza
How do I know if it's council or private? I park it at residential streets near the uni. They have signs you can park up to 1 or 2 hours.

If it's public land = council, private land = well, private

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending