The Student Room Group

Student ID but no photo ID

=] my university says to get my student ID I need photo ID BUT I don't have any photo ID =[ and I don't think I can get photo ID within a week which is whenwe're supposed to enroll and get our student ID! I've tried contacting them but I haven't had any answers yet. Do you think they'll accept some other stuff like a birth certificate with a really old validate card or something?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
=[
Don't you have a passport?
Reply 3
=[ NOOOO!
How do you not have a passport? In that case your birth certificate would probably suffice? They can't deny you getting a student card.
Reply 5
my passport expired ages ago and I lost it >O< I hope you're right
You should be able to just take a head and shoulders photo of yourself against a plain background, I don't think it would have to be an official passport photo or anything.
It'd probably be best to phone them and make it clear that you literally have nothing with a photo on it, then they can advise you on what to bring instead.
Original post by BoyWithTheThorn
You should be able to just take a head and shoulders photo of yourself against a plain background, I don't think it would have to be an official passport photo or anything.

They need photo ID, not just a photo.
You could get one of these http://www.citizencard.com if you live in London there's a fast application that takes one hour to complete (I think)
The uni just need it to check that you are you, so any photo ID will be ok so long as you still look the same I think :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
They need photo ID, not just a photo.

Why? I'm not sure about that. I've never needed photo ID to get my student card, they just took a photo of me there.
Original post by Mechie
Why? I'm not sure about that. I've never needed photo ID to get my student card, they just took a photo of me there.

I don't know, why are you asking me and not the OP?
To get student id at uni its part of the enrollment.
And we needed our photo id as well, has to be driving licence or passport.
And we were told about this months ago when the uni first started sending out information!?
Im not sure how anyone gets by without photo id these days!
Can you not take a photo and get someone official to sign the back of it like you have to do when applying for a passport?
Otherwise im not sure how the uni will go about this.
Birth certificate along with something else perhaps?
Reply 13
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
I don't know, why are you asking me and not the OP?

You're the one that said they needed it.
Original post by Mechie
You're the one that said they needed it.

No, the OP said they do. Have you even read the first post?
Original post by Mechie

They need to check it's actually the person on the card, otherwise anyone could wander in and pick it up.
You're going to need photo id anyway - you won't get into pubs and clubs without a driving licence / passport

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 17
Does it mention any specific photo ID? You can send an urgent application for a CitizenCard which will take 1-2 working days, but it costs £30 rather than £15. If you're local to London you can also have your application processed within an hour if you arrange a face-to-face meeting with them.
You could also try the NUS card which you could argue is photo ID as it has a photo on it, your DOB and your name - although this is a risky form of photo ID personally.

But if you're getting one for discounts anyway, at least it's worth a shot at using it for ID.
Reply 19
Original post by Exodecai
You could also try the NUS card which you could argue is photo ID as it has a photo on it, your DOB and your name - although this is a risky form of photo ID personally.

But if you're getting one for discounts anyway, at least it's worth a shot at using it for ID.

The problem with the NUS cards is that they aren't PASS certified, meaning that that they can't be used as proof of age.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending