This made me chuckle. Only in Australia could something like this happen:

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joey_Johns)
    This made me chuckle. Only in Australia could something like this happen:

http://news.com.au/common/story_page...E13762,00.html
    ok...well next time i get caught with opium i'll blame it on the next door's bull terrier.... :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Quality, lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    ok...well next time i get caught with opium i'll blame it on the next door's bull terrier.... :cool:
    next time! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    “I'm going to order an inspection of this rooster and the two hens,” Rivera said.
    lol, i can see the interview now the good cop/bad cop routine on the rooster and his harem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VoodooDoll)
    next time! :eek:
    Joking..I was a dealer in my past life....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Joking..I was a dealer in my past life....
    ah! lol

ReputationRep:
    Uh, Joey, Managua is in Nicaragua which is near Costa Rica, darling, not Australia. Though I wouldnt put it past us!

ReputationRep:
    how do you dig up such gems?

ReputationRep:
    Rooster 'owned' 68kg cocaine
    From correspondents in Managua
    April 23, 2004

A DEFENSE attorney whose client is facing cocaine charges has argued that the narcotics were actually in the possession of the suspect's rooster and two hens.

Prosecutors dismissed the claim as “absurd and impertinent.”

Police found 67.3kg of cocaine and a revolver hidden in a cage housing a fighting rooster and two hens in the parking lot of a cockfighting den controlled by Francisco Armando Rivera.

Rivera was arrested and charged with cocaine possession, but his lawyer, Manuel Urbina, said his client was never in possession of the narcotics.

“The drugs were in the possession of a rooster and two hens and the law is very clear that whoever is in possession of the drugs is the one who should be accused,” Urbina said.

Rivera has remained in prison while Judge Martha Lorena Martinez weighs the case against him. Urbina said that the prosecution must prove that the drugs actually belonged to his client.

“I'm going to order an inspection of this rooster and the two hens,” Rivera said.

In comments to reporters later, Attorney General Julio Centeno called the defense's case “an absurd joke.”

“I'm not going to comment further because we all know the only ones who can posses things are human beings,” he said.

The Associated Press

LOL am gonna have to member that one for the next time the cops decide to harrass me
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Uh, Joey, Managua is in Nicaragua which is near Costa Rica, darling, not Australia. Though I wouldnt put it past us!
    Sorry missed the top bit. :rolleyes:

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.