What to get/ do with my girlfrined for our one year anniversary? (GIRLS) Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I just wanted to ask you guys for some advice.

My anniversary of a year comes up next month and I were both spending £100 max on eachother. We have already planned to go and see the lion king in the theatre, I wanted to get her some gifts like a pandora charm for her bracelet, a scrapbook with pictures of us, receipts of dates and cinema tickets, some sexy underwear from victoria secret and book dinner and afternoon tea on seperate days as something nice to look forward to later on.

I just wanted to know if you thought these would be nice gifts and not what would yo suggest?. cheers
sliceofcake
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

My anniversary of a year comes up next month and I were both spending £100 max on eachother. We have already planned to go and see the lion king in the theatre, I wanted to get her some gifts like a pandora charm for her bracelet, a scrapbook with pictures of us, receipts of dates and cinema tickets, some sexy underwear from victoria secret and book dinner and afternoon tea on seperate days as something nice to look forward to later on.

I just wanted to know if you thought these would be nice gifts and not what would yo suggest?. cheers
So... if I understand the way you've written, you intend on getting all of those things? Have you added up the cost yet? Tickets, Pandora charm, Victoria's Secret underwear alone can push you close to £100

Personally I'd hate the scrapbook idea but I'm sure many would love it. It's not really something strangers can judge, it's all about what she likes; afterall, it is a present that either symbolises your year together, or along those lines, or a present that says 'thank you for being in a relationship with me for this long, here is something you like as a reward/thank you'. So if you want to ask anyone at all, if not her, it should be other people close to her (friends)
Entrepreneur123
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

Receipts of dates? You kept those?
scrotgrot
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds like a good list, problem with those bloody Pandora things is you buy the bracelet and then you're invested, otherwise I'd have said don't bother with that and save yourself some money, the other gifts are all much more meaningful in my eyes.
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Sounds promising to me! You have a good mix of things but ultimately we don't know her and you do so you've go to go with your heart!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holby_fanatic
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Why would you spend that much?!

I had a go at my boyfriend when I found out he was going to spend like £160. I had only spent max £20...
kate113855
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
That sounds really nice and cute. If she likes those things then definitely! You know her best :-)
Pretentious Pete
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Pandora bracelets are a bit 2010 tbh.
Lion King is really good.
Scrap Book... depends how old you both are. That will either be really fun to make (and pretty cheap), or just a bit weird if you're over 20.
VS lingerie should not be worn by girls who are not VS Angels.

As sliceofcake said, even just seeing Lion King will push you back over £100 inc. travel & pre-theatre dinner, so as well as a Pandora bracelet and VS lingerie? Unless you're buying from Del Boy Trotter, that's just not financially viable.

It might cost a tad over £200 but IMO, I'd just put £100 each in a pot and go away on a nice city break together, still lovely & warm in loads of European cities with some great deals to be had. Or even just a spa break weekend away in the UK. If you do your homework, you can get some super cheap deals at some really, really nice places either in the good old English countryside or a nice vibrant city if that's more your thing. If you look for a good deal, you'll go to the same spa resort where other guests have unknowingly paid twice the price you have. Just on a side note, over the 6 years I was with my missus, including all the presents we ever exchanged and all the places we ever went, I'd say the spa weekend we went away on was probably one of our (my) best memories together.

See new places, create new memories, practice making babies
Pretentious Pete
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Holby_fanatic)
Why would you spend that much?!

I had a go at my boyfriend when I found out he was going to spend like £160. I had only spent max £20...
I really don't think £100 is much in the grand scheme of things to celebrate together... Though I do get everyone's on different budgets. That being said, a thoughtful gift for just £20 can easily outweigh a generic piece of jewellery for £160.

OP:

Pandora bracelets are a bit 2010 tbh.
Lion King is really good.
Scrap Book... depends how old you both are. That will either be really fun to make (and pretty cheap), or just a bit weird if you're over 20.
VS lingerie should not be worn by girls who are not VS Angels.

As sliceofcake said, even just seeing Lion King will push you back over £100 inc. travel & pre-theatre dinner, so as well as a Pandora bracelet and VS lingerie? Unless you're buying from Del Boy Trotter, that's just not financially viable.

It might cost a tad over £200 but IMO, I'd just put £100 each in a pot and go away on a nice city break together, still lovely & warm in loads of European cities with some great deals to be had. Or even just a spa break weekend away in the UK. If you do your homework, you can get some super cheap deals at some really, really nice places either in the good old English countryside or a nice vibrant city if that's more your thing. If you look for a good deal, you'll go to the same spa resort where other guests have unknowingly paid twice the price you have. Just on a side note, over the 6 years I was with my missus, including all the presents we ever exchanged and all the places we ever went, I'd say the spa weekend we went away on was probably one of our (my) best memories together.

See new places, create new memories, practice making babies
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
We both agreed on £100 as she's still a student and I've just finished Uni and looking for a full time job.

What do you mean it could be weird if I'm over 20... I'm 23 shes 20 lol.

We decided were gonna split lion king tickets and it will probably go over 100 but I really don't mind. I just need to find somewhere that does a scrap book

Also I'm not buying the bracelet ... The charm is only £30-40. Just need to find nice London restaurants now!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads