The Student Room Group

Where would you eat if you went shopping alone?

hh
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

If I went shopping alone, I'd most likely go to the shops..
Usually when I do shopping alone I go for a Subway or stop at one of the cafes I know in that area.

Nothing wrong with having lunch on your own :smile:
Starbucks or Costa. Maybe subway or boots and just eat on the go. I've just moved to London and I really like wasabi takeaway place really yummy onigiri :smile:
Grab a sausage roll from Greggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's wrong with eating on your own? :confused:
If you don't have mobile data go somewhere with wifi or bring a book if you want to seem busy.
I always eat in cafes if I am alone, I dont think that weird at all - not that I could bring myself to eat alone in a restruant... :afraid:
I usually get a sandwhich or something from M&S/Boots and eat on the go :smile:
Reply 9
Fast food - McDonalds, KFC, Burger King... Then take a phone to look busy. I feel really awkward eating on my own I hate it but quite a few people do at fast food chains
Boots meal deal and a secluded bench :yep:
Original post by yennibubs
Grab a sausage roll from Greggs!

Posted from TSR Mobile

+1 Greggs cheese n onion pasty yum x
Thanks guys!:smile:

I ended up going with my friend in the end haha!

Last time I went, I ate in Starbucks alone and I felt soo self conscious! The thing I forget is that if I see someone else eating on their own, I think nothing of it! I don't think they're weird or lonely or anything negative, I actually see them as mature and independent!

So basically it's just me over thinking and being stupid! Next time I think I'll try the meal deal from Boots.

I feel very reassured now! :smile:
Reply 13
I spend most of my time alone, if I had given up eating out only because I don't have anyone to go with I might as well have killed myself by now.
When I go shopping I take this as an excuse to eat somewhere I fancy! Can be anything from McDonald's to a pub.
I just wouldn't go to any "proper" restaurant, mostly because I prefer something more on the fast-food side if i'm on my own.
Original post by gingerlucy
I reaaaally need to go shopping alone today, but what shall I do for food? Shall I just take something with me?
Thanks!

Lol I can't believe this would even be an issue. Do you normally need a friend or your mum or nan to go shopping?

How long are you going shopping for? If it's more than 4 hours then I can understand getting food. But I've never seen someone pack lunch for a day put shopping. Just eat anywhere? Sandwich then go tesco, burger then go mcdonalds, pizza then go pizza hut, coffee then go Starbucks. Why is this so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hitashami
Lol I can't believe this would even be an issue. Do you normally need a friend or your mum or nan to go shopping?

How long are you going shopping for? If it's more than 4 hours then I can understand getting food. But I've never seen someone pack lunch for a day put shopping. Just eat anywhere? Sandwich then go tesco, burger then go mcdonalds, pizza then go pizza hut, coffee then go Starbucks. Why is this so hard?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have anxiety issues so it's not easy for me.

Yes, of course go for more than four hours...I'm a girl haha!

I've been on my own before and I don't love it, but I find it tolerable and it's just easier to go without dragging people alone if I have a list of specific things that I want too look at or buy.

Getting food terrifies me on my own, especially if it's in a cafe or something. I just feel really stupid and awkward.

We're all different.
(edited 9 years ago)
I have anxiety issues so it's not easy for me.

Yes, of course go for more than four hours...I'm a girl haha!

I've been on my own before and I don't love it, but I find it tolerable and it's just easier to go without dragging people alone if I have a list of specific things that I want too look at or buy.

Getting food terrifies me on my own, especially if it's in a cafe or something. I just feel really stupid and awkward.

We're all different.

Yes; but some disabilities can be overcome with cognitive therapy. Which you clearly need.
Original post by Profesh
Yes; but some disabilities can be overcome with cognitive therapy. Which you clearly need.

I don't need cognitive therapy at all. You don't know anything about my situation either.

All I really wanted to know was whether people eat in places where they can sit in, or whether they prefer not to when they go shopping alone.

I know many people without anxiety issues who find this just as uncomfortable as me.
x

For next time...
Costa! :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't need cognitive therapy at all. You don't know anything about my situation either.

Then, by all means, continue vacillating at length over matters so inconsequential that they shouldn't preoccupy anyone. We're all different.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending