AQA chemistry today - module 4 Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
did anyone else do this?

it was AWFUL!! i couldn't do any of section B, so i just had to make random guesses! i really hope the grade boundaries come down for this one - how did everyone else find it? so not looking fiorward to mod 5 and synoptic on tuesday!
m1985
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i found it terrible too. got stuck and panicked early on. what a nightmare. hated the whole of section B it was soooooooo hard. what did u thik of the first half?
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
the first half was ok-ish i guess. i haven;'t done that well though and i need an A!! bugger! i'm glad the calculations weren't too difficult (although i still messed up one of them!). there were a couple of mechanisms i really couldn't do. and i couldn't draw that isomer. for question 1, when you had to fid the order of A and B i got A being 2 and B being 1. i'm not sure if that's right. and i that the overall order for teh q before it was 2.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
FOR THAT CHEM PAPER I GOT THE PVERALL BEIN 2!! BUT I GOT ORDER 2 FOR A AND ZERO ORDER FOR B!!!! THATS PROB WRONG THO!!!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
I think I hammered the Organic on this paper and everything came out alright. The Physical was a little rusty though. I put 2 and 1 for those orders of reaction as a guess so that I would have things to put in my rate equation. I've been told that 2 was right so therefore I think that makes me what is know as a "lucky git" ^_^
*Simran*
Badges: 0
Report 15 years ago
i thot the exam woz hard, section B in particular!

Do the grade boundaries realli go down if a lot of ppl dont do well in the exam? i thot they remained "fixed" n u have to get over 80% to get an A in the exam, whether or not ppl found it hard??????
Mark Gillan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well, the overall order of reaction was 2.

Then it said that when the concentration of A was trebled, and the concentration of B was halved, the rate increased by a factor of nine. This means the order w.r.t. A was 2, and w.r.t. B it was 0.

So the rate equation was

R = k[A]^2

I think!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (144)
18.51%
No (473)
60.8%
Not really bothered about them (161)
20.69%

Watched Threads