The Student Room Group

Can I apply through adjustment by just ringing up the university?

On results day, instead of applying getting offers turning them all down and going through adjustment, can I do it like this by just ringing them on results day - telling them my results and then they could offer me a place?
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
On results day, instead of applying getting offers turning them all down and going through adjustment, can I do it like this by just ringing them on results day - telling them my results and then they could offer me a place?

If you mean not putting in an application at all, then no. You are only eligible for adjustment if you have met and exceeded your firm offer, and if you haven't made an application, you can't have a firm offer.

If you mean do you ring up universities on results day if you become eligible for adjustment, then yes, that's how adjustment happens. It's different to clearing and there are no lists. It's up to you to call the universities you are interested in and ask if they are in adjustment.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
If you mean not putting in an application at all, then no. You are only eligible for adjustment if you have met and exceeded your firm offer, and if you haven't made an application, you can't have a firm offer.

If you mean do you ring up universities on results day if you become eligible for adjustment, then yes, that's how adjustment happens. It's different to clearing and there are no lists. It's up to you to call the universities you are interested in and ask if they are in adjustment.

ohhh :/

So say hypothetically that someone gets 5 rejections, are they not eligible for adjustment?
ohhh :/

So say hypothetically that someone gets 5 rejections, are they not eligible for adjustment?

No. That's clearing. You have to do better than your firm offer for adjustment, and 5 rejections means no firm.
No. That's clearing. You have to do better than your firm offer for adjustment, and 5 rejections means no firm.

plain and simple

I have to apply in the first deadline, I have to get at least one offer, firm it, then apply via adjustment.

Is that the right protocol?
plain and simple

I have to apply in the first deadline, I have to get at least one offer, firm it, then apply via adjustment.

yes
Original post by TenOfThem
yes

tybg, tips on self teaching: C3 C4 M1 M2 D1 FP1 FP2 S2 S3 please
plain and simple

Yes, except you've missed the most vital bit - getting higher than your firm asks you to get.
Yes, except you've missed the most vital bit - getting higher than your firm asks you to get.

yep I knew that, was just confused on the other parts.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks for your help.
yep I knew that, was just confused on the other parts.

Good luck to you too.

Thanks for your help.

Thanks, although my university days are so long gone they were still using quill pens.
Thanks, although my university days are so long gone they were still using quill pens.

Oh right, lol.

Don't worry Carnationlilyrose, we are all going to make it :yep:

Thank you for your help too, good help is hard to find these days :nod2:
Oh right, lol.

Don't worry Carnationlilyrose, we are all going to make it :yep:

Thank you for your help too, good help is hard to find these days :nod2:

Thanks! You are especially welcome as I'm being slagged off for my lack of patience elsewhere in this forum! It's nice to be reminded of why I do this!

Good luck!
Thanks! You are especially welcome as I'm being slagged off for my lack of patience elsewhere in this forum! It's nice to be reminded of why I do this!

Good luck!

Ignore that child I skimmed over that, I understand that you don't have to help and said child shouldn't have responded like that lol.

But then again people want to hear what they want to hear, not necessarily what is the most accurate advice etc.

Thank you, long road ahead - but hard work pays off and all of that ceteris paribus :smile:
Ignore that child I skimmed over that, I understand that you don't have to help and said child shouldn't have responded like that lol.

But then again people want to hear what they want to hear, not necessarily what is the most accurate advice etc.

Thank you, long road ahead - but hard work pays off and all of that ceteris paribus :smile:

I'm sure you'll make it.:smile:
I'm sure you'll make it.:smile:

Thank you :smile:

Have a great day :d

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending