Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    nah- starting physics, maths , further maths, geog and chem next year at A-level
    cool what you want to do after?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    of course I will challenge it- that's how you get more accurate theories, but there's no point in breaking down a theory if you haven't got anything to replace it with
    I would disagree.

We should always challenge theories, because if we don't then we could never seek to find out any form of truth or any 'valid' theory. We must ensure our theories are on soild ground before fully accepting them - if they are not we must reject them, regardless of if it leaves us with something we cannot explain or not. (although they may be useful pragmatically)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    I would disagree.

We should always challenge theories, because if we don't then we could never seek to find out any form of truth or any 'valid' theory. We must ensure our theories are on soild ground before fully accepting them - if they are not we must reject them, regardless of if it leaves us with something we cannot explain or not. (although they may be useful pragmatically)
    lol so you're trying to say that the presence of electrons is a theory?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DazzYa6)
    Of course it is.

ReputationRep:
    Myself and riffraff have agreed to disagree, hence ending that discussion. Take your own advice and don't try to discuss things you know nothing about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Of course it is.
    lol ok so JJ thomson, einsteins, geiger and marsden, are all a bunch of liars

HA
    ****ING
    HA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Myself and riffraff have agreed to disagree, hence ending that discussion. Take your own advice and don't try to discuss things you know nothing about.
    lol that i know nothing about? lol ok mate.

ReputationRep:
    soo rejection yeh....wats the talk about electrons 4?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kokopops)
    soo rejection yeh....wats the talk about electrons 4?
    doesn't matter * hug *

ReputationRep:
    lol that i know nothing about? lol ok mate.
    *sigh* You don't understand DazYa. I advise you read up on some authors in the 'philosophy of science' before commenting

ReputationRep:
    doesn't matter * hug *
    :confused: and out of the loop

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    *sigh* You don't understand DazYa. I advise you read up on some authors in the 'philosophy of science' before commenting
    i advise you to do an a level in physics before trying to answer physics questions

ReputationRep:
    i advise you to do an a level in physics before trying to answer physics questions
    Ok.

I will never discuss A level Physics again.
    You will never discuss Philosophy again.

Sorted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Ok.

I will never discuss A level Physics again.
    You will never discuss Philosophy again.

Sorted
    i didn't discuss philosophy my friend - the existence of light acting as waves or particles was discovered by scientific experimentations! =D
    it's a fact ^^

ReputationRep:
    i didn't discuss philosophy my friend - the existence of light acting as waves or particles was discovered by scientific experimentations! =D
    it's a fact ^^
    Again, I advise you go to your library and read some dummies guide to the philosophy of science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    Again, I advise you go to your Library and read some dummies guide to the Philosophy of Science
    post me a quote where i talked about philosophy! =D

ReputationRep:
    'the existence of light acting as waves or particles'

good night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by corey)
    'the existence of light acting as waves or particles'

good night.
    that isnt philosophy moron - that is a fact

ReputationRep:
    Going back a few pages now, but as far as DazYa's intellect is concerned: he is clearly an able scientist, however any other field seems to bemuse him and he isn't very worldly-wise.

Kate's thread got hi-jacked

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    Going back a few pages now, but as far as DazYa's intellect is concerned: he is clearly an able scientist, however any other field seems to bemuse him and he isn't very worldly-wise.

Kate's thread got hi-jacked
    i appreciate your input -

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 26, 2004
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.