URGENT. Geography work - Bowness on Windermere

Watch this thread
STUDYREVISE
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Posted on TheStudentRoom
jnny
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Bowness on Windermere is a town/village.
Windermere is the name of a larger town next to Bowness and also of the lake
I don't really know any of the history though-whats your work about?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by STUDYREVISE)
Is Bowness on Windermere a place? like is it a LAKE or a TOWN or what?
Yes, I have been researching but don't get any of it.
can someone please provide me with a brief history of Bowness on windermere
ASAP!!!!
have you not heard of google

http://www.visitcumbria.com/amb/bowness-on-windermere/
STUDYREVISE
Rep:
Posted on TheStudentRoom
STUDYREVISE
Rep:
Posted on TheStudentRoom
jnny
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
My work is about tourism. going to the lake district next week, and need to produce some research. there are websites saying that Bowness and Windermere are 2 different towns or something... I didn't really understand. Thanks for your reply.
So your saying that Bowness and Windermere are in actual fact two separate towns with a lake in between them. the lake is called windermere so now the whole area is called Bowness on Windermere.?
is this correct?
no, bowness and windermere (2 separate towns) are very near to each other on the same side of lake windermere (its very obvious if you look on google maps)
STUDYREVISE
Rep:
Posted on TheStudentRoom
spookz
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Went to Windermere, Grassmere and Bowness all the way back in 2011. Best Geography trip ever
jnny
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
haha thanks
But, why is it called "Bowness ON windermere"?
I think its just cos the town was called bowness but it was on lake windermere and so bowness on windermere happened, kinda like Newcastle upon tyne except everyone just calls that newcastle
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (21)
17.5%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
25.83%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (64)
53.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
3.33%

Watched Threads