The Student Room Group

Argos wage

Hi I've got an interview for Argos on Monday but i was just wondering what the hourly wage is?

in the uk

for 16 years old

Part time employment

not for christmas
Reply 1
Hi, I'm 18 and have just finished a part time with Argos.
My wage was £6.94
I belive(don't hold me on this) that your wage would be £6.10/15 or something similar.
Having said that that's based on my memory from the start of April and I've heard that all staff wages actually are going up either this month or next so looks like you got in at the right time!
For your age Argos do pay well.

Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi can u plz give me some infor regarding inductions uniform that sort of thing ive just got a job with argos thanks in advance

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Hi Kelly, congrats!
Well the induction for me was firstly they just tell you about pay, contract length etc then make you read through it and sign it so make sure you have info readily available(I.e info on references/nat insurance no).

Then for me it was about 2 hours or so watching loads of safety DVDs , climbing ladders, heavy stock etc.

Then just a general tour of the shop.

One thing you'll probably have to do in the first few weeks is their Open Door learning ecourse.
It's an online portal made by Argos where you have to do LOADS and LOADS of reading followers by mini tests-which aren't that hard there's just so many of them!

Lastly uniform is just a red Argos shirt and a black flleece(needed in winter!) and of course a badge they'll have ready for you!

Enjoy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
thanks so much im on way through opendoor the consumer done my head in haha thanks for all your help
Original post by mattvb
Hi Kelly, congrats!
Well the induction for me was firstly they just tell you about pay, contract length etc then make you read through it and sign it so make sure you have info readily available(I.e info on references/nat insurance no).

Then for me it was about 2 hours or so watching loads of safety DVDs , climbing ladders, heavy stock etc.

One thing you'll probably have to do in the first few weeks is their Open Door learning ecourse.
It's an online portal made by Argos where you have to do LOADS and LOADS of reading followers by mini tests-which aren't that hard there's just so many of them!

Lastly uniform is just a red Argos shirt and a black flleece(needed in winter!) and of course a badge they'll have ready for you!

Enjoy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mattvb
Hi Kelly, congrats!

Enjoy!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I'm really struggling on the consumer law section of the Open Door programme:frown: I can't seem to get above 92%. Do over stickers have to be actioned as soon as they're implemented? I really dont know and it doesnt say in the reading section! I'm soooo confused:frown:
Reply 6
Hi,
I am trying to log on to argos open door but it keeps saying my password and username is incorrect. I have contacted the manager at argos and she has said she doesn't have the time to sort that out for me right now haha, not helpful at all. Is there anyone who can give me an idea of what the password should look like or so..
Do i still get paid for induction even id i dont take the Job.

Quick Reply

Latest