Uea or oxford brookes for children's nursing?

Watch
ht76845
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I have looked round UEA and Oxford Brookes for a course in Children's nursing. I really like both unis, so I can't decide which uni is best! Please can anyone give me some advice, tips or recommendations to help!?

Thanks
Dannaaay
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi! I've applied to Oxford Brookes for child nursing (I sent off my UCAS yesterday - eeeek!) and the place looks beautiful.
Sorry that I can't be of help between the two, I haven't looked at UEA at all but keep me updated on the decision!
Danny xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
ht76845
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by Dannaaay)
Hi! I've applied to Oxford Brookes for child nursing (I sent off my UCAS yesterday - eeeek!) and the place looks beautiful.
Sorry that I can't be of help between the two, I haven't looked at UEA at all but keep me updated on the decision!
Danny xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awww, good-luck! Did you look at any other unis? I loved Oxford Brookes but I also loved UEA, I literally can't decide! What did you like about Oxford Brookes?
Dannaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've been to see South Wales which was amazing! And Cardiff also looks pretty awesome. The halls for nurses in Brookes (Paul Kent Halls, I think) look beautiful! The only downside for me is that you're not allowed cars if you're a student in Oxford. But I assume nurses get special circumstances because we have to travel to placements? How's your personal statement going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ht76845
Rep:
?
I've been to see South Wales which was amazing! And Cardiff also looks pretty awesome. The halls for nurses in Brookes (Paul Kent Halls, I think) look beautiful! The only downside for me is that you're not allowed cars if you're a student in Oxford. But I assume nurses get special circumstances because we have to travel to placements? How's your personal statement going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's cool, sounds like a good range of unis! Are you applying for them all? I think students get a free bus pass at Oxford Brookes university which helps with travel, and the John Radcliffe hospital is really close by. Some other placements may be far away though! I hope its going well, I've just gone through my work experience and A level choices and why I want to do Children's nursing! Wbu?
artexha
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
do you know what the interview days consist of? i presume we don't get offers until we have attended them?
Dannaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by ht76845)
That's cool, sounds like a good range of unis! Are you applying for them all? I think students get a free bus pass at Oxford Brookes university which helps with travel, and the John Radcliffe hospital is really close by. Some other placements may be far away though! I hope its going well, I've just gone through my work experience and A level choices and why I want to do Children's nursing! Wbu?
Yep - I've actually sent off my application a couple of weeks ago so they're the definite ones they do, and at Brookes they have the 'safety bus' which not only picks you up from nights out and takes you to your halls, but also can pick you up from/drop you off at shifts when you need it! I think it's a brilliant idea.
I'm doing interview prep and whatnot at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
ht76845
Rep:
?
Yep - I've actually sent off my application a couple of weeks ago so they're the definite ones they do, and at Brookes they have the 'safety bus' which not only picks you up from nights out and takes you to your halls, but also can pick you up from/drop you off at shifts when you need it! I think it's a brilliant idea.
I'm doing interview prep and whatnot at the moment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah that sounds really good! Well good-luck!
ht76845
Rep:
?
(Original post by artexha)
do you know what the interview days consist of? i presume we don't get offers until we have attended them?
I am not totally sure what they consist of, but yeah I think you have to wait until you've done the interview to see if you get any offers. Are you applying for nursing at Oxford Brookes?
artexha
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I am not totally sure what they consist of, but yeah I think you have to wait until you've done the interview to see if you get any offers. Are you applying for nursing at Oxford Brookes?
Yes I have sent off my UCAS waiting for replies atm... what about you?
ht76845
Rep:
?
Yes I have sent off my UCAS waiting for replies atm... what about you?
Yeah same, it's such an anxious wait! What branch are you applying for?
artexha
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yeah same, it's such an anxious wait! What branch are you applying for?
Children Nursing.. how about you?
ht76845
Rep:
?
Same well good luck I hope you hear back soon!
artexha
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Same well good luck I hope you hear back soon!
which others have you applied for??
Dannaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ah we're in the same boat then! Have you heard anything yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
EmE123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
applied for children's and waiting something from oxford brookes eeeeekkkk good luck everyone! xx
ht76845
Rep:
?
Good-luck everyone! It's such an anxious wait!
hildee20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Brookes definately! Dunno about UEA tho. I have an offer for jan 2015 adult nursing. Good luck !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Dannaaay
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys! I received an interview from Brookes for Children's Nursing on Monday for the 2nd December and UWE on the 16th hopefully I'll see some of you there? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
epm97
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey guys! I received an interview from Brookes for Children's Nursing on Monday for the 2nd December and UWE on the 16th hopefully I'll see some of you there? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi,

how long did you have to wait to hear back from oxford brookes?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads