Zik007
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
hey guys.
I am moving into a rented place with 3 other guys and i was wondering what broadband would you guys recommend to me. We have looked at virgin student broadband currently which is £26.50. But wondering if anyone would counter that with another better deal?
Zik007
Rep:
?
any advice?
PGtips
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I would say go for Virgin if you can get it, they have a 9 month student deal. Their 9 month student deal should suit you guys. It's about £10 cheaper than BT's equivalent deal, plus it's faster at 50Mbits vs 38Mbits.
shaunlewis
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I currently pay £2.99 a month for unlimited broadband with Plusnet, although I have their line rental too. Might have been a limited time offer, however. I get a landline included with that, too.

I get decent speeds, despite playing on-line games at the same time of having two other people use the internet, and stream videos on the TV via Netflix. I think it should be good enough for 4 students. You will certainly want an 'unlimited' package however.

One of the advantages of getting paid in the manner we do is that it is easier to pay for the line rental a year in advance, which saves a few bob. Even including line rental, I think 26.50 is a stupid amount of money for broadband. What do you get for it being a 'student' package?

This link will tell you what's hot right now: http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband. Make sure the contract term is less than what you signed up for on your TA however. You might struggle is this is less than 12 months.
Kre
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Virgin are usually very good with price and average speed. We had 100MB for £35 a month since we lived in a big house and there were 9 of us. No problems with the internet and it was very fast too. They also offer a 9 month student package, which is what we had. Might be worth looking into it.
Zik007
Rep:
?
right a lot of food for thought. thanks everyone
felamaslen
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Anything, as long as it's:

1. Not capped.
2. Not shaped.
3. Preferably fibre. (To the cabinet anyway).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (14)
31.82%
No (30)
68.18%

Watched Threads