The Student Room Group

Are my GCSE's good enough for Dentistry?

I took a look at the Dental Applicants Stalking Pages and I noticed that most of the applicants had around about 12 GCSEs but I only have 8. Additionally, most of them had a lot of A* grades (about 5?) but I only have 1 A* grade, 6 A grades and a C. I really want to do dentistry but I'm starting to think that I wont have enough GCSEs and/or they wont be as good as other applicants. Do I still have a chance?
Reply 1
It really depends on which university you would like to go to. If you have a rough idea visit the university's dentistry's page and it will tell you what you need in GCSE'S but normally you just need 5 A's including Maths , English and a science subject probs chem. Focus more on A Levels since this is what really dictates which university's want you , since you need AAA at a level for good ones. if you have 5 GCSES A in maths , english and science then thats all they really care about. For dentistry you do have to sit an aptitude test before applying to ucas and again this plays a big role in uni choices. Hope i've helped.
If you work hard at A levels then your defo in with a chance x

See this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/dentistry_entry_requirements
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Kamber
It really depends on which university you would like to go to. If you have a rough idea visit the university's dentistry's page and it will tell you what you need in GCSE'S but normally you just need 5 A's including Maths , English and a science subject probs chem. Focus more on A Levels since this is what really dictates which university's want you , since you need AAA at a level for good ones. if you have 5 GCSES A in maths , english and science then thats all they really care about. For dentistry you do have to sit an aptitude test before applying to ucas and again this plays a big role in uni choices. Hope i've helped.
If you work hard at A levels then your defo in with a chance x

See this
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/dentistry_entry_requirements

Thank you so much, I was feeling nervous but that's helped me a lot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest