The Student Room Group

Why does Europe have somany immigrants?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HeritageofEurope
all those countries are GEOPOLITICALLY WESTERN EUROPE.

would you like to see a map or maybe I could draw you a picture ???

How is Greece part of WESTERN EUROPE?!!. It's bordering Turkey. That's the reason the United Nation's classifies Greece as being Southern Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Europe\
As does Eurovoc (Thesaurus of the EU)

Furthermore the Nordic countries (Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark) are all classified by the United Nations as being part of Northern Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe
Again, so does Eurovoc

Could you explain how they are "Geopolitically Western Europe"?. The UN and EU don't seem to think so.
Original post by JJXX212
How is Greece part of WESTERN EUROPE?!!. It's bordering Turkey. That's the reason the United Nation's classifies Greece as being Southern Europe.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Southern_Europe\
As does Eurovoc (Thesaurus of the EU)

Furthermore the Nordic countries (Sweden/Finland/Norway/Denmark) are all classified by the United Nations as being part of Northern Europe
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Europe
Again, so does Eurovoc

Could you explain how they are "Geopolitically Western Europe"?. The UN and EU don't seem to think so.

Geographically greece is southern europe. geopolitically they are defined as western europe. the geopolitical term of west and east being created after the expansion of the soviet union.

when discussing certain topics such as language, politics and economics places like greece are defined as western europe
(edited 9 years ago)
I have no problem in supplying sources where needed. I am not going to waste one sec of my time looking for a source for something that is as clear as day.

So if I said to you, ''The vast majority of european countriesm are not being over run by third world immigrants, it's just obvious!'', would you accept it? You must do since you feel that that kind of evidence is acceptable, right?

I did my own research and I couldn't find anything that supports your claim. Only 4.1% of the EU population are from a non-EU country. That's not exactly what i'd consider ''over run''.

I wasn't able to find any information as to how many third world immigrants are in Europe. They are highly likely to make up less than 4.1% of the EU population since that figure encompasses all foreign, non-EU immigrants (from the first, second and third 'worlds').

Source:
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_STAT-12-105_en.htm?locale=en
most western european countries did not have colonies and are being flooded with immigrants

sweden
norway
finland
ireland
greece
denmark
belgium

just to name a few off the top of my head

Belgium's King Leopold II took control of Congo and committed one of the worst atrocities in recent history. The number of countries you've listed aren't "most of Western Europe" and regardless aren't seeing a "flood of immigrants" in comparison to the nation's I've mentioned
Original post by Copperknickers
Funny, because the USA experienced a massive influx of immigrants right before its heyday, as did Classical Athens, Prussia, the Byzantine Empire, and Early Russia.

The United States was a rapidly industrialising country in the early 20th century. But, unlike now, the United States was firmly in control of its borders. They enacted very strict immigration laws in the 20's which remained in place until the mid 60's. Agree with them or not, the point is they controlled their borders.

Athens, Prussia and the Byzantine all collapsed when they lost control of their borders.

Early Russia??
[QUOTE="Atheism;50370271"]
Original post by capitalismstinks
The last mass immigration into Britain pre WW2 was the Norman invasion in the 9th century and that wasn't immigration at all. /QUOTE]

No, it wasn't. Because it didn't happen. You may perhaps be thinking of the Norman invasion in a time period two hundred years later: the 11th century?

My apologies, i meant 11th century.
Reply 46
they come for a better life... why else do you leave your family and culture behind? immigration is a normal thing..people move around and change the world. It's OK to have different faces in 'your country'. Thats what I think anyway but im biased :smile: lets all get along
Reply 47
Original post by GEEKHELP
they come for a better life... why else do you leave your family and culture behind? immigration is a normal thing..people move around and change the world. It's OK to have different faces in 'your country'. Thats what I think anyway but im biased :smile: lets all get along

Really?? Because I bet the Chinese people or the Pakistani people (or any other) would be soooooo happy if Mass immigration happened in their countries and the europeans tried to settle down and bring their culture with them.

I'm all for peace, but you have double standands my friend :rolleyes: :wink:
Reply 48
Original post by emy-n
Really?? Because I bet the Chinese people or the Pakistani people (or any other) would be soooooo happy if Mass immigration happened in their countries and the europeans tried to settle down and bring their culture with them.

I'm all for peace, but you have double standands my friend :rolleyes: :wink:

well i am an immigrant lol soo but i know what you mean I really do. Like in my home country there are white people who convert people into Christianity and that leads to some tensions as christianity is not well respected in asia for various reasons. I used to get pissed at them and think why the hell are they converting people for? just leave them be and then I thought why the hell does that affect me? Even if the whole country becomes chrisitians why does that bother me? We have the same God and they are just people like me who want to live. Then my 'anger' went away. Yes it's my country but so what? I don't own it..I can't claim a land and say its for this people not for those. I can't say we HAVE to keep our traditions and ways because that's how the world is. It changes... I have literally no anger for people who are nice.

just saw you say I have double standards... you assume much.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by capitalismstinks
The United States was a rapidly industrialising country in the early 20th century. But, unlike now, the United States was firmly in control of its borders. They enacted very strict immigration laws in the 20's which remained in place until the mid 60's. Agree with them or not, the point is they controlled their borders.

Athens, Prussia and the Byzantine all collapsed when they lost control of their borders.

What? I take it you're not much of a history enthusiast. Athens fell because it was defeated in a war by Sparta. Prussia never collapsed at all, it became part of first Imperial then Federal Germany, and was then captured by the Soviets and given to Poland after World War 2. Byzantium collapsed because it lost a series of battles with the Turks.

See a pattern? In fact, I challenge you to name one civilisation that has ever collapsed due to large-scale immigration, that wasn't a result or precursor to a major military defeat. Aside from the Roman empire perhaps.

Early Russia??

Indeed. Russia originated as the Kingdom of Kiev, which conquered surrounding tribes and established a Medieval state that grew to incorporate first the area around Moscow and Novgorod, and then all of European Russia. This was a direct result of immigration from Vikings: it was the Vikings who established the city of Kiev and gave the locals the trade connections which afforded Kiev it's economic and military dominance over other tribes.
Reply 50
well i am an immigrant lol soo but i know what you mean I really do. Like in my home country there are white people who convert people into Christianity and that leads to some tensions as christianity is not well respected in asia for various reasons. I used to get pissed at them and think why the hell are they converting people for? just leave them be and then I thought why the hell does that affect me? Even if the whole country becomes chrisitians why does that bother me? We have the same God and they are just people like me who want to live. Then my 'anger' went away. Yes it's my country but so what? I don't own it..I can't claim a land and say its for this people not for those. I can't say we HAVE to keep our traditions and ways because that's how the world is. It changes... I have literally no anger for people who are nice.

just saw you say I have double standards... you assume much.

What country are you from?:lolwut:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 51
Original post by emy-n
What country are you from?:lolwut:

a country in asia...why?
a country in asia...why?

what country in asia ??
Reply 53
a country in asia...why?

I seriously doubt "a country in asia" would have very many white people trying to convert others in christianity. And I also doubt a bunch of white people are going to make suchhhh a difference to the ever growing asian population. The problem is Europe where millions of people flock to and will one day take over the indigenous people of the continent. :rolleyes:

Either way, you wouldn't care about that because you think if a bunch of maybe thousand (?) white people live in your country and have christianity, you think that billions of people such have a right to take over Europe lol.

I'm also an Immigrant to Britain. But I definitely would never justify taking away British peoples culture or right to live in a country where the majority ARE ethnically British.

I'm sure in your home country you would also want a majority of your people (as it is at the moment :rolleyes: ) Lets face it, you can tell me all you want about these "white christians" but you would NEVER agree with letting them become the majority of your country.
I just find it appaling how you support that kind of thing happening in Europe.
So yes, that is a double standard
Reply 54
what country in asia ??

Don't you just love it love it when people reply like that :rolleyes: and then it almost always turns out to be a big country like India where there's 2 billion people and they will never be in danger of immigration :tongue:
Original post by emy-n
I seriously doubt "a country in asia" would have very many white people trying to convert others in christianity. And I also doubt a bunch of white people are going to make suchhhh a difference to the ever growing asian population. The problem is Europe where millions of people flock to and will one day take over the indigenous people of the continent. :rolleyes:

Either way, you wouldn't care about that because you think if a bunch of maybe thousand (?) white people live in your country and have christianity, you think that billions of people such have a right to take over Europe lol.

I'm also an Immigrant to Britain. But I definitely would never justify taking away British peoples culture or right to live in a country where the majority ARE ethnically British.

I just find it appaling how you support that kind of thing happening in Europe.
So yes, that is a double standard

British people are CAUCASIAN. There is no such thing as being "ethnically" British. Yes, Britain is was once a Caucasian nation but that doesn't mean they have a Caucasian culture. Anyone can be British since culture is taught and not genetically passed down. The fact that they were white was merely coincidental.

The great thing about culture is that it changes - it's adaptive and therefore it simply adapts to the times. British culture will change no matter what due to Globalization.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by emy-n
Don't you just love it love it when people reply like that :rolleyes: and then it almost always turns out to be a big country like India where there's 2 billion people and they will never be in danger of immigration :tongue:

nah its not india, it's a small country and anyway the point is that the religion of the country is changing and although some of us don't like it it doesn't affect me. I will be dead by the time my country has changed ethnically or racially and the new generation will be more accepting since some of their friends and families will have been immigrants
Reply 57
You could have easily just googled this question...
Original post by digitalfever
British people are CAUCASIAN. There is no such thing as being "ethnically" British. Yes, Britain is was once a Caucasian nation but that doesn't mean they have a Caucasian culture. Anyone can be British since culture is taught and not genetically passed down. The fact that they were white was merely coincidental.

The great thing about culture is that it changes - it's adaptive and therefore it simply adapts to the times. British culture will change no matter what due to Globalization.

globalisation means third world brown people move en masse to prosperous white nations ?
Original post by Copperknickers
What? I take it you're not much of a history enthusiast. Athens fell because it was defeated in a war by Sparta. Prussia never collapsed at all, it became part of first Imperial then Federal Germany, and was then captured by the Soviets and given to Poland after World War 2. Byzantium collapsed because it lost a series of battles with the Turks.

See a pattern? In fact, I challenge you to name one civilisation that has ever collapsed due to large-scale immigration, that wasn't a result or precursor to a major military defeat. Aside from the Roman empire perhaps.

Indeed. Russia originated as the Kingdom of Kiev, which conquered surrounding tribes and established a Medieval state that grew to incorporate first the area around Moscow and Novgorod, and then all of European Russia. This was a direct result of immigration from Vikings: it was the Vikings who established the city of Kiev and gave the locals the trade connections which afforded Kiev it's economic and military dominance over other tribes.

Prussia was broken up by the victorious allies after world war 1. It was officially abolished after WW2, again, by the allies. In other words, Prussia was broken up after it lost border integrity. But Prussia was an empire within a broader civilisation sometimes called 'The West'. You can't compare one kingdom conquering another as a fall of civilisation.

Athens, a proper civilisation in its own right, fell when it lost border integrity. Byzantium fell, when it lost border integrity.

In the end days of Athens, you could hardly hear Greek being spoken on the streets. Immigration was a symptom of its decline, just like it was in Rome.

Byzantium might still exist if it was conquered by another Christian kingdom, but, it was conquered by a totally alien people with completely different religion and way of life.

Demographics is destiny. You cannot expect a civilisation to continue if the people who built that civilisation no longer exist. When Rome fell, people still lived in Rome, but the structure was gone. Same with Athens, same with Byzantium. Internal decline is why strong civilisations, Kingdoms or empires fall. Massive immigration into their borders is the first outward symptom of that decline, followed by military defeat.

In Western Europe, Europeans are projected to become a minority late this century. Will 'Western' civilisation exist if Europeans are no longer the majority? What do you think will happen to the continent? It will balkanise, it will fracture along myriad racial, ethnic and religious lines. It will look like the middle east today in perpetual war.

Europe is following the classical stages of a civilisational life cycle.

The expansionist phase is over, and this is the decline.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending