The Student Room Group

Help start uni tommorow and haven't sorted travel out

Ok so basically I'm travelling from home sometimes and sometimes I'm staying over at my relatives place whilst I'll be studying in London.

I'm gonna get the 16-25 rail card and the 18 + student Oyster card. However, I have no idea how this all works. I literally am blank.
Original post by weirdnessandcoffee
Ok so basically I'm travelling from home sometimes and sometimes I'm staying over at my relatives place whilst I'll be studying in London.

I'm gonna get the 16-25 rail card and the 18 + student Oyster card. However, I have no idea how this all works. I literally am blank.

The 16-25 rail card gives you discounts on rail travel, however the student Oyster card gives you 30% discount on travelcards and passes.

When you buy a train ticket whether in the station or online, you'll have to show your railcard to get discount and online you tick a box saying that you have a railcard... Make sure you take your card with you as ticket inspectors will want to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WorldPharmacist
The 16-25 rail card gives you discounts on rail travel, however the student Oyster card gives you 30% discount on travelcards and passes.

When you buy a train ticket whether in the station or online, you'll have to show your railcard to get discount and online you tick a box saying that you have a railcard... Make sure you take your card with you as ticket inspectors will want to see it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol yep. Couldn't have said it any better

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!
I have a quick question on a similar note. I moved here a few weeks ago, so until yesterday when I enrolled I've been using PAYG, and I have my railcard connected to it. When my 18+ arrived, later this week or next week, can I still add my railcard to it despite it being connected to another oyster of mine?
Original post by lozzyhickers
I have a quick question on a similar note. I moved here a few weeks ago, so until yesterday when I enrolled I've been using PAYG, and I have my railcard connected to it. When my 18+ arrived, later this week or next week, can I still add my railcard to it despite it being connected to another oyster of mine?

I wasn't sure about this so I searched it up and apparently you can... Someone has asked a similar question...

Hannah
I have a YP railcard and im using a temporary (normal adult) oyster card but im getting another one through the post with money on that TFL owe me.. so can I add the YP discount on the current card and then add it on to the new one when it comes through? as i will be returning my current card to receive the deposit back
Mike 6 February 2013 4:08 pm
Hi Hannah,
Yes you can. You can attach a railcard to more than one Oyster card, but obviously only one can be used at any one time because you have to carry the railcard with you as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wasn't sure about this so I searched it up and apparently you can... Someone has asked a similar question...

Hannah
I have a YP railcard and im using a temporary (normal adult) oyster card but im getting another one through the post with money on that TFL owe me.. so can I add the YP discount on the current card and then add it on to the new one when it comes through? as i will be returning my current card to receive the deposit back
Mike 6 February 2013 4:08 pm
Hi Hannah,
Yes you can. You can attach a railcard to more than one Oyster card, but obviously only one can be used at any one time because you have to carry the railcard with you as well.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're a star, I didn't come across that! Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest