yussefsoudan
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey,

I just got the CGP book as a secondary source of revision and there's something terrible and confusing going on here..

This is the spec of the CGP for unit 1, section 1.

ImageImage

And this is the actual, official spec of the course for unit 1, section 1,

As you can realize, the CGP spec looks like a different syllabus.
Is that normal? Cause I'm utterly confused about this! The difference is not simple to not think about it.

Please, if you have anything useful to say, just say it.
Don't suggest another books to me or stuff like that, just tell me if that's normal or not.

Thanks in advance.
Attached files
erudite
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 years ago
Don't worry! It's the right one haha, some parts of the syllabus are just spread out in different sections in the CGP guide like "Lifestyle", you just have to search for them, often they'll show up in the index
yussefsoudan
Rep:
(Original post by erudite)
Don't worry! It's the right one haha, some parts of the syllabus are just spread out in different sections in the CGP guide like "Lifestyle", you just have to search for them, often they'll show up in the index
For real?

Thank you very much. Are you taking the same course?
erudite
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by yussefsoudan)
For real?

Thank you very much. Are you taking the same course?
Yes! I did that last year :P
yussefsoudan
Rep:
I'm trying to like collect notes from the CGP and the official book alongside with notes from the class.
I'm doing this from now..do you think I can achieve an A?
Rising_Mikado
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
It'll help you remember stuff for when you have to start revising towards your exams. Most of the info you'll remember though would come out of the mark schemes for each past paper, make sure you do every single past paper for AS biology. If you learn from your mistakes and revise what you're good at then you certainly have a higher chance of getting an A, its never guaranteed however since biology has a lot of application questions.
StudyMunchkin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
I'm trying to like collect notes from the CGP and the official book alongside with notes from the class.
I'm doing this from now..do you think I can achieve an A?
Yes, it is normal.

If you want to get an A, go over what you will be doing in lesson before the lesson.

Read about it from various books and sources, do questions from various places make notes and revision cards i.e. different cells and their functions.

Then, when you do the work in class you will have a better understanding. If there was anything you weren't sure about, you may learn it from your teacher or you could ask them to go over it- they will appreciate this.

Then, when you get home go over it one last time and even do some exam questions on the topic. Keep referring back to the notes and revision cards as you carry on through the year and inshallah by may you will be a Biologist .
yussefsoudan
Rep:
(Original post by StudyMunchkin)
Yes, it is normal.

If you want to get an A, go over what you will be doing in lesson before the lesson.

Read about it from various books and sources, do questions from various places make notes and revision cards i.e. different cells and their functions.

Then, when you do the work in class you will have a better understanding. If there was anything you weren't sure about, you may learn it from your teacher or you could ask them to go over it- they will appreciate this.

Then, when you get home go over it one last time and even do some exam questions on the topic. Keep referring back to the notes and revision cards as you carry on through the year and inshallah by may you will be a Biologist .
Thats exactly what I'm doing! I'm taking AQA.
Oh I'm sorry but I'm not a Muslim haha (sorry).
Thanks for the tips!
StudyMunchkin
Rep:
Report 7 years ago
Thats exactly what I'm doing! I'm taking AQA.
Oh I'm sorry but I'm not a Muslim haha (sorry).
Thanks for the tips!
Neither am I, I thought you were so i tried to be multicultural :cool:
yussefsoudan
Rep:
(Original post by StudyMunchkin)
Neither am I, I thought you were so i tried to be multicultural :cool:
Oh I see hahah. Again, thanks for sharing the tips
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.71%
Okay (110)
28.87%
A bit lacking (143)
37.53%
Not good at all (91)
23.88%

Watched Threads