The Student Room Group

'palestinian' imam in sermon takes out Ak47 and swears allegiance to Islamic State

Caliphate.

And people say there's a difference between the ideologies of Hamas and ISIS :rolleyes:

The 'palestinians' have always referred to themselves as a 'spearhead' against the west.

This is what goes on in 'palestinian' mosques
Reply 1
Original post by Chindits
Caliphate.

And people say there's a difference between the ideologies of Hamas and ISIS :rolleyes:

The 'palestinians' have always referred to themselves as a 'spearhead' against the west.

This is what goes on in 'palestinian' mosques

I don't think he swore allegiance to IS at all.

He may have wanted an Islamic State, but he certainly didn't swear allegiance to the Islamic State.

I would of course, welcome any corrections that our resident Zionist and pro-SS/SC activist can find in my analysis of that video.
There is clearly a difference in ideologies. Hamas are Palestinian nationalists who want to create an Islamic state in the land of Israel/Palestine. IS want to create an Islamic state that covers the whole of the Levant.

In fact, Hamas have actually been suppressing ISIS and Al-Qaeda and not allowing them to get a foothold in the Gaza Strip.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/20/world/middleeast/hamas-works-to-suppress-militant-groups-in-gaza.html?_r=0
http://content.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,1917809,00.html
http://www.longwarjournal.org/threat-matrix/archives/2013/04/hamas_arrests_more_jihadists_a.php
http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/IDF-source-Hamas-working-to-stop-rockets-from-Gaza-311977
Reply 3
Original post by DaveSmith99
There is clearly a difference in ideologies. Hamas are Palestinian nationalists who want to create an Islamic state in the land of Israel/Palestine.]

Actually, you'll see in the video that I posted and you seemed to have ignored, that the Imam talks about a caliphate.

Also this chap seems to think that they're a spearhead of Islam and Muslims. I wonder what he means by that :rolleyes:

He also talks about who the 'palestinians' are and admits that they're Arabs from other countries and not natives :biggrin:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efa_1333570776
Original post by Chindits
Actually, you'll see in the video that I posted and you seemed to have ignored, that the Imam talks about a caliphate.

Also this chap seems to think that they're a spearhead of Islam and Muslims. I wonder what he means by that :rolleyes:

He also talks about who the 'palestinians' are and admits that they're Arabs from other countries and not natives :biggrin:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=efa_1333570776

And this one Imam is representative of all of Hamas and everything they have done of the past 8 or so years? :rolleyes:

Hamas have actively been suppressing Salafi militants in Gaza and that's a fact, whether you like it or not.
despite being an atheist i cannot imagine a christian vicar taking out an ak 47 and spouting violence from the pulipt
Original post by DeemzBeamz
1) Hamas (military wing) operates ONLY on Palestinian land. Their political wing however is dispersed throughout the ME. ISIS, as a military wing operates and hopes to operate throughout the ME. Unlike hamas, which has no interest in doing so.
2) Hamas believes in Palestinian nationalism. ISIS doesn't even believe there should be a Palestinian state. They just want one state throughout the ME.
3) Hamas is a decent ally to bashar and hezballah. ISIS, atm is probably the biggest group fighting hezballah and bashar. Iran is no ally of ISIS. Yet Iran, to this day still supplies hamas and other Palestinian militia with weapons.
4) Hamas believes in Palestinian unity, christians, muslims, druze & samaritan palestinians living peacefully. Hence why they haven't bombed churches or shiite mosques in Gaza. ISIS not only bombs historical churches, but also bombs 10th century mosques belonging to the shiite muslims.
5) If you've ever bothered to visit Palestine or watch mainstream Palestinian media you'd now of the ISIS parodies we have aired.
6) Hamas killed 22 members of an AlQaeda-linked group in Gaza. Remember, now, even Al-Qaeda disagrees with the actions of ISIS with a recent speech by their current leader.
7) During that clash Hamas killed the leader of that AlQaeda linked group in Gaza. He's called Abu Abdullah Al Suri

This conflict isn't as simple as you make it out to seem.

Posted from TSR Mobile

i do not believe any of this rusbbish for one moment. islam makes no secret of its plan for world dominiation
Original post by HeritageofEurope
i do not believe any of this rusbbish for one moment. islam makes no secret of its plan for world dominiation

Says the person who's never bothered to visit Palestine. You don't know how life is like here mate. Hamas, for anyone educated about ME politics, isn't the same as ISIS. The very fact hamas is allied to hezballah, which is currently fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria gives you a small hint that those 2 groups aren't the same. If they were, shiite, christian, samaritan and druze palestinians would be killed. Palestinians would be decapitated just because of their religious and political views. Foreign journalists would be decapitated, yet we had sooo many in the past 3 months, they left perfectly fine. I wonder why? Churches and mosques would be destroyed. But that's not the case, why? Because thankfully, the ISIS mentality here isn't welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)

Disagree with me as much as you want. But let me remind you, you haven't been here to make such BS claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Says the person who's never bothered to visit Palestine. You don't know how life is like here mate. Hamas, for anyone educated about ME politics, isn't the same as ISIS. The very fact hamas is allied to hezballah, which is currently fighting ISIS in Iraq and Syria gives you a small hint that those 2 groups aren't the same. If they were, shiite, christian, samaritan and druze palestinians would be killed. Palestinians would be decapitated just because of their religious and political views. Foreign journalists would be decapitated, yet we had sooo many in the past 3 months, they left perfectly fine. I wonder why? Churches and mosques would be destroyed. But that's not the case, why? Because thankfully, the ISIS mentality here isn't welcomed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hamas are brutal and evil and have murdered any opposing party in palestinian and have an official policy that sexual assualt against israeli women should be used as a form of resistance

you are an apologist for evil
Disagree with me as much as you want. But let me remind you, you haven't been here to make such BS claims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do not dare tell anyone they cannot have an opinion because they have not been to palestine, that is not an argument

having lived in palestine in no way bolsters your own opinion
do not dare tell anyone they cannot have an opinion because they have not been to palestine, that is not an argument

having lived in palestine in no way bolsters your own opinion

Where exactly did I say you're not allowed to have an opinion?

If need be I'll explain in more detail.
The very fact you live outside of Palestine renders your "opinion" less reliable. You are not merely stating an opinion. You're dehumanising and grouping palestinians into one group to justify any aggression against them.

You state these "facts" of yours from biased media and at the same time have the nerve to claim such BS and group us all as ISIS supporters without ever visiting a single city in Palestine.

But of course, you're entitled to your factually incorrect "opinion".
Where exactly did I say you're not allowed to have an opinion?

If need be I'll explain in more detail.
The very fact you live outside of Palestine renders your "opinion" less reliable. You are not merely stating an opinion. You're dehumanising and grouping palestinians into one group to justify any aggression against them.

You state these "facts" of yours from biased media and at the same time have the nerve to claim such BS and group us all as ISIS supporters without ever visiting a single city in Palestine.

But of course, you're entitled to your factually incorrect "opinion".

i could say your opinion is unreliable because you are brainwashed by hamas propoganda and hence are incapable of being objective

see how it can work both ways
i could say your opinion is unreliable because you are brainwashed by hamas propoganda and hence are incapable of being objective

see how it can work both ways

I have first hand experience, you don't. Hamas isn't perfect, I wouldn't vote for them. But your poor and cheap PR attempt of grouping them with ISIS is pathetic. Only someone uneducated about middle eastern politics would make such claims.

ISIS and Hamas aren't the same. Let's ignore the fact Hamas' allies are against ISIS. Let's ignore the fact Hamas has denounced ISIS and called it's actions as barbaric on live TV. Let's ignore the fact Hamas was responsible for killing 22 members of an alqaeda linked group, including the leader. Lets ignore the fact Hamas never attacked a western country (unless you regard Israel as western). Let's ignore the fact Hamas hasn't destroyed a single church or shiite mosque in palestine. Let's ignore the fact that Hamas doesn't randomly kill christians or shiite palestinian muslims because of their religious views. Let's ignore the fact Hamas was elected through democratic means and ISIS is against this because to them, democracy is a western idea that shouldn't be practiced. Let's ignore ALL these FACTS and claim Hamas = ISIS because some uneducated ignorant person in the UK believes this to be true after watching a youtube video.

To an average amateur student on ME politics, you sound stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending