The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

2015 Applicants Thread

This thread is for those applying to study at the University of Worcester (W80) during the 2015 UCAS cycle.

Open Days (Spoiler contains more dates)
Next: Sunday 21 June 2015, 10am-3pm

Spoiler

Thread Guidelines

This thread is for people thinking about applying to start during the 2015-16 academic year

This thread is not for accommodation offers or adverts, they will be removed from this thread

All other general common sense and TSR rules apply

Web Links
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Roving Fish
This thread is for those applying to study at the University of Worcester during the 2015 UCAS cycle.

Feel free to discuss the uni or ask questions. :smile:

(Thread will be fancied up at some point)

I am quite sure that I want to go to Worcester to study English Literary Studies due to it being quite close to me and the promising recommendations from my English teacher.. she studied there and is now head of department at my sixth-form :smile: I am hoping to be an English teacher after uni so finding a place that is great for teaching too is a must, as I don't want to be moving from place to place haha! I am going to the open day next Sunday, but in the meantime does anyone studying English at Worcester have any opinions on the accommodation, lecturers, content, nightlife etc? Thanks! Also, is there anyone else interested in studying English here? :smile:
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
I'm looking at unis for the 2015 intake and so far i've got Cardiff, and Southampton, whats Worcester like? entry requirements, area etc..
Original post by wassupitstillie
I am quite sure that I want to go to Worcester to study English Literary Studies due to it being quite close to me and the promising recommendations from my English teacher.. she studied there and is now head of department at my sixth-form :smile: I am hoping to be an English teacher after uni so finding a place that is great for teaching too is a must, as I don't want to be moving from place to place haha! I am going to the open day next Sunday, but in the meantime does anyone studying English at Worcester have any opinions on the accommodation, lecturers, content, nightlife etc? Thanks! Also, is there anyone else interested in studying English here? :smile:

Accommodation is good across all price ranges. Top end is obviously nicer but bottom end is still good. Uni Managed Accommodation is great if you fancy being in a house off-campus for the first year.

Nightlife is alright, three main clubs but some nice bars. Could be better, could be worse.

_______
Original post by christhomas123
I'm looking at unis for the 2015 intake and so far i've got Cardiff, and Southampton, whats Worcester like? entry requirements, area etc..

Tends to be about 240+ UCAS points, if you've got a specific course in mind then I'll find out the typical entry reqs. :smile:
English Literature?
Original post by christhomas123
English Literature?

Applicants who are offered a place on the BA (Hons) in English Literary Studies most commonly satisfy one of the following requirements:

280 UCAS tariff points (single honours) or 260 UCAS tariff points (joint honours), including a minimum grade C at A2 English.

http://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/english-literary-studies-ba-hons.html
Accommodation is good across all price ranges. Top end is obviously nicer but bottom end is still good. Uni Managed Accommodation is great if you fancy being in a house off-campus for the first year.

Nightlife is alright, three main clubs but some nice bars. Could be better, could be worse.

_______

Tends to be about 240+ UCAS points, if you've got a specific course in mind then I'll find out the typical entry reqs. :smile:

what about the long stay car park? I don't know whether I'd bring my car to commute back at the weekends, or to catch the train home? I wouldn't be using it every day so don't know if it's justifiable?
what about the long stay car park? I don't know whether I'd bring my car to commute back at the weekends, or to catch the train home? I wouldn't be using it every day so don't know if it's justifiable?

If you're living on campus or within a mile of the campus then you need to pay premium rate for keeping your car on-campus.

However you can keep it off campus at a place called Coppertops which is 5 mins walk down the road.

I'd probably just get the train back if it's straightforward.
If you're living on campus or within a mile of the campus then you need to pay premium rate for keeping your car on-campus.

However you can keep it off campus at a place called Coppertops which is 5 mins walk down the road.

I'd probably just get the train back if it's straightforward.

What about reading lists? Many uni's I have looked at have had a list of books studied in each year of the course featured on the website or prospectus. Could I possibly get hold of the English Lit list for 2014-15?
What about reading lists? Many uni's I have looked at have had a list of books studied in each year of the course featured on the website or prospectus. Could I possibly get hold of the English Lit list for 2014-15?

Hi again,

To obtain the reading list it might be best to contact the Course Leader. Their email should be on the course page that I linked to you in this thread.

NB: I am not employed by the University to look after this forum.
Hey everyone,

I just updated the OP with a link to University of Worcester connect page - if you haven't already go connect to see other applicants' grades & offers. Also, if you enter your details it will be really really useful for everyone else making their applications this year.

:woo:
Hey I have an interview for Geography on 7th February!! I'm hoping to put Worcester as my insurance option with Leicester as firm. Just hope they like me, hate interviews and there's something to do with a practical assessment oh dear Jesus!!
Original post by mollywiggins97
Hey I have an interview for Geography on 7th February!! I'm hoping to put Worcester as my insurance option with Leicester as firm. Just hope they like me, hate interviews and there's something to do with a practical assessment oh dear Jesus!!

So do I, mine's 8:45! What about you?
Hey guys!

Don't worry!

Have you popped yourself on the Connect page? :smile:
Is anyone applying to study at Worcester Uni 2015?
Original post by OliviaRigby
Is anyone applying to study at Worcester Uni 2015?

Hiya Olivia,

I've merged your thread into our megathread sticky so that it's all in one place.

Can I suggest that you add your details to the University connect page?

Hope you find more applicants soon :smile:
Hiya Olivia,

I've merged your thread into our megathread sticky so that it's all in one place.

Can I suggest that you add your details to the University connect page?

Hope you find more applicants soon :smile:

Thankyou:biggrin:
Hello!

I've been offered a conditional place at Worcester for the Illustration course, and they've sent me an email about applicant days. I was wondering if you knew much about them aside from what the university site says? :-)
Thanks!
Reply 18
Hi,

I have an interview for physiotherapy on 27th March. Anyone else going on that day or already had their interview. I'm a mature student (30) so not really sure what to expect. Getting quite nervous

It's say that there will be a few group discussions and a small individual group question session.

Thanks
Reply 19
Hi, i recently got an offer to study at Worcester and its most likely going to be my firm choice so is anybody else going to be studying at worcester in september 2015?

Quick Reply

Latest