Dear new (I)GCSE history students - revision notes from an A* student Watch

C0balt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Dear new Year 10/11s who are doing History IGCSE or GCSE

This (link to mediafire because TSR can't handle 5MB file -_-) is the revision notes for CIE History for interwar relations section. (I didn't make notes for Cold War section because I was planning to choose the interwar relation questions anyway)

CIE syllabus and other GCSE syllabi are obviously different, but they are almost identical so this will probably be useful more or less.

The note is a summary of my class notes, History book (it was for Edexcel I think), and websites such as John D Clare.

Possibly something is lacking but I got an A* with the same knowledge as this notes, and if you do not agree with some points I made, remember History is a subjective subject.

On a side note, I got 6A*s and 2As in total but History is the only subject I made revision notes for (for other subjects I barely revised). This is because my first language isn't English and I used to struggle A LOT with essay subjects in Year 10 including History. I'd never gotten an A in history up until the real exam in which I got A*. Note making process definitely helped me in this particular subject but reviewing the note was obviously helpful as well because I only had to look at one thing rather than comparing webpage, book and my folder.

So I hope this will be some help for new history students, and good luck with your new academic year. I think I will repost this or bump this when exam season approaches.

Best wishes,
C0balt
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by C0balt)
Dear new Year 10/11s who are doing History IGCSE or GCSE

This (link to mediafire because TSR can't handle 5MB file -_-) is the revision notes for CIE History for interwar relations section. (I didn't make notes for Cold War section because I was planning to choose the interwar relation questions anyway)

CIE syllabus and other GCSE syllabi are obviously different, but they are almost identical so this will probably be useful more or less.

The note is a summary of my class notes, History book (it was for Edexcel I think), and websites such as John D Clare.

Possibly something is lacking but I got an A* with the same knowledge as this notes, and if you do not agree with some points I made, remember History is a subjective subject.

On a side note, I got 6A*s and 2As in total but History is the only subject I made revision notes for (for other subjects I barely revised). This is because my first language isn't English and I used to struggle A LOT with essay subjects in Year 10 including History. I'd never gotten an A in history up until the real exam in which I got A*. Note making process definitely helped me in this particular subject but reviewing the note was obviously helpful as well because I only had to look at one thing rather than comparing webpage, book and my folder.

So I hope this will be some help for new history students, and good luck with your new academic year. I think I will repost this or bump this when exam season approaches.

Best wishes,
C0balt
Wow, thanks for this!

I'm going to put this in the History forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141
vd12345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm doing cold war but thanks ill talk a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%